Boiler pipes leaking -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a house which was previously rented and has some interesting set ups.
The 3 year old baxi boiler is in an outbuilding in other side of the kitchen wall.

I hadn’t had the gas uncapped before the frost burst several pipes and possibly some in the boiler as the boiler leaks tonnes of water since then, from the bottom when the hot water release valve under it is open.
The photo shows the pipe work coming through t the kitchen side which had several burst leaks as you can see.
The boiler needs moving inside but for now I have baxi ready to repair the boiler under warranty once the leaking pipes external to the boiler are sorted.
All are sorted except there is an open pipe spilling out into the fooor when the hot valve is open. This pipe connect to the hot water pipe that goes through the house.
I’m assuming this should be capped? It’s wierd as it wasn’t leaking prior to the frost and I saw no thing that looked like it has come off the end of it.
If anyone can shine any light on whether it needs capping and how, as, because it’s one of those three way joint bits, it’s is wider than 15mm so won’t fit the standard end caps.
Thanks if you have managed to follow me
I have a vid but not sure I can post it?
In the close up pic it is the pipe end that is the closest to the floor. It’s just wide open at the end.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2ED324A2-654A-4C17-ABFF-BBD220B34134.jpeg
    2ED324A2-654A-4C17-ABFF-BBD220B34134.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 74
  • 8215A7C3-B4EB-4EB2-8D09-BC5BDCFB9161.jpeg
    8215A7C3-B4EB-4EB2-8D09-BC5BDCFB9161.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 75
  • F80C0DAD-2053-4864-BB21-1CC9AEF30D23.jpeg
    F80C0DAD-2053-4864-BB21-1CC9AEF30D23.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
That’s a fine mess of pipework, capped pipes everywhere. It doesn’t look like it’s feeding anything so chances are it can be capped. If it’s on the hot water circuit then it’s should be done to water regs, no more than twice the pipe diameter. It looks like a 15mm solder ring tee, so needs to be soldered or replaced by a non soldered fitting.

Thank you very much. Someone came and put a new section in today so it’s effectively capped off. Yes it’s quite the display .of pipe work isn’t it :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back