Boiler repair quote seems a bit steep

Sponsored Links
This "supposedly" diy forum is fast becoming a joke, it's not a price comparison I'm a clever s** can do it cheaper than everyone else even though I havent seen the job dot con forum

Or the i learned how to use big get my point accross letters forum???

Well unfortunately, even though I have said countless times, the message doesn't seem to be getting through, I thought big letters might help......

This "supposedly" diy forum is fast becoming a joke, it's not a price comparison I'm a clever s** can do it cheaper than everyone else even though I havent seen the job dot con forum

Or the i learned how to use big get my point accross letters forum???

Well unfortunately, even though I have said countless times, the message doesn't seem to be getting through, I thought big letters might help......

Hopefully you know i was joking anyway but

A forum such as this and the CC is filled with not only different engineers but different personalaities and as such some of us will offer advice on what we see as an inflated quote and some will say you should not do that etc etc.
If we all wanted to fit the same mould we would all work for BG
To be fair on the OP i think the diagnosis to be completely wrong anyway (and i know i have not seen the boiler) as its highly unlikely that any boiler would be doing anything with either a Busted DV or EV for a long time neither mind both at the same.
But hey ho what do i know?
My point is that from the facts we have if it needed a new DV and EV in a uninhabited boarded out, lighted loft space (i might start tugging here so sorry in advance) then there is no way that that price stands and even BG know that!!!!

Sponsored Links
If what you have to say is a load of unhelpful diatribe it doesn't matter how big a font you use to write it; it'll still be ignored.

On the assumption you've got better things to be doing than endlessly moaning put your efforts into being helpful and you might find you are listened to more and won't have to keep repeating yourself. :)

Mathew

If what you have to say is a load of unhelpful diatribe it doesn't matter how big a font you use to write it; it'll still be ignored.

On the assumption you've got better things to be doing than endlessly moaning put your efforts into being helpful and you might find you are listened to more and won't have to keep repeating yourself. :)

Mathew

So you ignored it then :cool:

baxi 105e expansion vessel is at side cc memory services me right
but not cheap etheir six hundred and 50 i qoute :p

Maybe if tightwads didn't keep coming on here trying to screw their plumbers out of paying them, or get some idiot on here to come out with a stupid low price for a job they haven't even seen so they can then go and throw it in the fitters face, then I wouldn't have to repeat myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself mmyself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself myself

All 105 expansions are at the back......yup an external would be fine but maybe the OP asked for a like for like??

Who the hell cares what was quoted if the op accepts then it's ok.....none of us have seen the job so stop carping......the price is steep assuming all things being equal/easy.....but we can't confirm or deny this can we??!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back