Boiler repaired / boiler failed

M

Mickymoody

Is there any warranty to guarantee a fix of a boiler? because I paid a lot of money twice, then the boiler failed. And the engineer won't come back to fix.

The first got angry, after fitting the wrong sized fuse, and killed my boiler, totally inept. The second, spent a long time thinking...fixed a previous fault caused by an engineer...but a week later, it fails again..I phone up, he treats it like a new fault, I send an email, no response. So do I say fix what is broken under a warranty? or do I go to trading standards? Either way, I had a broken boiler, and still have a broken boiler..How can someone come into your home, fix something, charge a lot of money, but it is broken. Refund? or small claims court?

Sponsored Links
what boiler ya got? what was the 1st fault? what fault do you have now? which company was it? how much did they charge?

If you want a full coverage if anything goes wrong then you need to take out British Gas ( or other firm's ) cover at a very reasonable £200 p.a.

Please tell us why you did not take out this kind of cover?

Over five years you will have paid out about £1000 but all your faults will have been fixed.

However, I suspect you have an old boiler in poor condition and you think that a repair bill of £130 is excessive.

A repair is a repair! It costs money and may need parts too.

Just like a car, a boiler can break down at any time with any fault.

Do you blame your doctor if you have flu and then get flu a second or third time?

what boiler ya got? what was the 1st fault? what fault do you have now? which company was it? how much did the charge

He's got a ravenheat and wonders why it keeps breaking down, and he's always bitching and moaning.

Sponsored Links
reavenheap my advice
one get engineer in
two get engineer to drain system and turn gas and water
three get enginner to dismont boiler put in his van
four put new boiler

they are $H@e boilers if you call them that

I had no choice in what boiler was fitted. Apparently the previous boiler le blanc? was even worse, but I didn't choose that either. I can only go with the advice given at the time.

The divertor valve diaphram was mis fitted, and bent on installation, the latest engineer straightened it, and lubricated it so it works. Job done. 2 weeks later, the gas fail lamp illuminates, when hot water required either for CH or water. (not had that fault before).

Then nearly 2 weeks later, yesterday. It starts working again! Nothing has been touched, nothing taken apart to inspect. So how reliable is the repair, and is it likely to remain working? And what would cause it to fail, then start working again? Sticking fan? Low gas pressure? problem with the air pressure sensor?

Since it's initial repair nearly a month ago, it's only been used for hot water, the CH has been off, so hardly overworked for it to fail. I did find that the exhaust out of the back of the boiler loose.

I'm fed up with paying £170 for 3 hours work, when no parts were replaced, and people post that I'm moaning, when there is clearly a fault. And the person that fixed it says something else is wrong, and wants to charge again. Clearly thinking that I'm a cash cow to milk.

You guys fix these day in day out, instead of criticising the customer, how would you resolve this? I'm quite aware that most of you are good guys, but it takes one bad apple. I believe the last engineer to be a good un, as he was training his son up when visiting me, and I think genuinely made an effort, but there was a lot of thinking time, and a bit of faff.

The suggestion of replacing the boiler is a bit of a non-starter really, as that's already been done once. How many boilers does a household need in the 15 years or so that I have lived here? Budget for one boiler per 7 years?

I presume that if I had an insurance policy with BG, that should charges get excessive, they would have an opt out clause to their policy, and say, sorry, obsolete, buy one that we source. Because I've bad relations to BG, I got a letter from a utility saying they are going to dig the road up, to remove the gas connection, as I wasn't using any gas. I called BG up, and the said I had 'the wrong type of meter installed', so many different meters installed, with bailiffs in attendance, even though I was paying the bill as presented, they still bill me wrong. I think I've had 5 meters fitted to date.

In that case then remember the follow up!

If only you had gone for your annual service the doctor would have given you the anti flu jab !

PS

when I wrote the first one I had to delete the "e" ! Thats only for Gas Safes though!

musicboohoo.gif

You would honestly not care that you mis diagnosed a boiler, and left someone in a dangerous situation? WOW!

Post your gas safe number, so I can report you? Oh you don't have one? What a surprise!

Agile as usual, posts rubbish, and makes no sense as usual. I have no idea what you write,. Why do you post on here, with illogical posts?

Wondering what you can report me for?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my ban. How's that going by the way?
propeller.gif

Nice and warm here in Robinson towers.

Wondering what you can report me for?

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my ban. How's that going by the way?
propeller.gif

Nice and warm here in Robinson towers.

Playing the fiddle, rather than answering a post = abuse...****************? to not know that? So spam in a thread...=ban. Do you answer the post or abuse it? Abuse it. So the admin must ban you for abuse and spam. Well done. Why abuse people rather than reply with an answer? ***********. Goodbye. A forum is for discussion, not abuse. You just posted abuse, no advice. Thats abuse. And spam. Goodbye.

***Abuse deleted***

Abuse would be me calling you the son of a motherless goat.

Which I haven't done.

And would not be very fair to orphaned goats around the world.

I like goats.

But not in that way.

I may be an idiot, but I have heating and hot water.

You are incapable of following the myriad of advise that has been posted already so I am not sure how much more help I can be. But at the risk of being accused of spamming {sic}.

My advice would be to suck it up and by a new boiler.

*edit*

Oh, and Gas Safe aren't interested in what its members post on DIY forums.

Just thought I would let you know that.

Mickmoody , just remember your in the plumbing/heating forum now , not that drivel of a forum known as the GD.

Abuse would be me calling you the son of a motherless goat.

Which I haven't done.

And would not be very fair to orphaned goats around the world.

I like goats.

But not in that way.

I may be an idiot, but I have heating and hot water.

You are incapable of following the myriad of advise that has been posted already so I am not sure how much more help I can be. But at the risk of being accused of spamming {sic}.

My advice would be to suck it up and by a new boiler.

*edit*

Oh, and Gas Safe aren't interested in what its members post on DIY forums.

Just thought I would let you know that.

This quote/reply makes no sense. i'm reminded that I'm posting in a section that is professional, but get unprofessional replies, that have no concept to the origional problem?

I've posted to Corgi, and Gassafe, and they are VERY interested in what people post on forums, and the advice that people are making. Infact another member of Gas regulations have contacted me, to respond to people that are breaking the rules...

And beyond that, I have contacted my local MP, regarding local issues, that have been raised in Parliament. So I don't curry $hit, posted by people that think that they know better.

Either fix it...or you broke it. If you broke it fix it, if you can't, give up. And admit it. If you can't fix it, charge a lot of money for not fixing it, then you are a crook. If you can fix it it, but it broke, return and fix your fault. Simples. How are some people so blind?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back