Boiler wiring for thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi was having a look at the wiring for my boiler (baxi duo tec a 24) to see if a nest thermostat would be suitable.
My currant thermostat has a mind of it own.
The wiring doesn't look right to me, just popping it all in a terminal strip together.
20200502_100554.jpg

Normally my dad would have a look (he was a electrician) but he's isolating, So I dont want to ask him, as he will want to come and sort it out if it's wrong.
20200502_100930.jpg

20200502_115306.jpg
would be grateful for any advice :)

Sponsored Links
Hello Claire,

You could use some wago connectors, but the terminal strip is acceptable. All you need is power to feed the receiver, a common (additional live) and a call for heat (yellow from thermostat into grey for the boiler).

Thank you
Think I will just tidy it up.
As I'm not going to be hard wiring the thermostat in, could I just use the feed for the old thermostat to the heat link and add a loop from Live to 2? (Plus I just love drawing diagrams )
20200503_171735.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry, didn’t answer your question, yes it’s fine to use the old connections in the heat link.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back