Booking a holiday, where to start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to go somewhere sunny for a couple of weeks in August. Ideally near a beach and water park but a beach and decent pool would do.

I’m not sure weather to try booking online or go to the local travel agents. Most online agents want me to put in a destination but i’m not too bothered where.

Cost is a our main thing and it looks like the Canaries cost much more than Spain. Will parts of Spain be cheaper than others or will I have to search them all to find the right place?

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Just try a few search sites, icelolly.com is a good place to start, just put in spain and be flexible with your dates, see what comes up and then look at the reviews on tripadvisor

I’ve got that open now:
818A2848-D103-4307-86AA-54CE0D898D79.png

Sponsored Links
go to the local travel agents

who will not be scammers. So easy to fall for a scammer's fake website and lose your money.

Inland Spain is ( for me ) far more relaxed and enjoyable than the coastal resorts. You only need to be a few miles inland to get lower prices so beaches are within reach if you hire a car.

just had a look on icelolly.com
16th august for one week at Andalucia in Benidorm B&b flying from Birmingham comes in at £354 per person...
you will have to filter in your choice of airports and dates etc, the dates you choose can alter the price, a few days earlier or later can make a difference, also when it comes up, dont pick their recomended, change the setting to low to high prices and see what comes up

I wonder how many people search for sun holidays when the weathers carp in the UK :ROFLMAO:

Tenerife has Siam park and Aqualand both waterparks in the south of the island near the major resorts. Obviously you can get cheaper accommodation by staying outside the resort.
Places like El Médano, La Tejita, Los Abrigos, Amarilla Golf, and Las Galletas are on the south coast, 5 minutes from the airport. The number 470 runs between El Médano and Los Cristianos and is as cheap as chips.
I don't find any difference in prices between the peninsula and the islands. I book everything separate. I think the most I have ever paid for a flight to Tenerife is £120.

What about something like Latvia. It might sound crazy but it could tick the box

I’ve just been i to the Bury TUI and they pulled up an all inclusive to a hotel with water park in either Bulgaria or Turkey for around £6000.

That’s 2 adults, 3kids, 14 nights from Manchester around the 16th August.

I’ll have a look at separates tonight and places near water parks.

6K is standard for a decent family holiday during school hol's. I'm forfeiting this years summer family jaunt so I can save for Christmas in (skiing) Austria.

6K is standard for a decent family holiday during school hol's.
I guess that depends on what you regard as 'decent'...

Never paid more than half that amount, and that includes both European and more distant locations.

You just have to plan well and accept a few compromises!

I guess that depends on what you regard as 'decent'...

Never paid more than half that amount, and that includes both European and more distant locations.

You just have to plan well and accept a few compromises!

We "compromised"p:rolleyes: last year . Ferry, then drove own car to Nouvelle Aquitaine.

No queuing in the airport.
No faffing with finding your transfer bus.
No "chips with everything, including breakfas ".
No poolside "entertainment".
Drinks served in glasses , rather than plastic cups.
Having to sleep in peace and quiet, rather than the lullaby of the dragged up....

A fortnight, in the school holidays, all in, for £2.5k.

I really don't know how I put up with it all;)

Sponsored Links
Back