Boris reprimanded for repeating Brexit lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quitters say we will. Remoaners say we won't. The clever people running the economy say the UK will take a financial hit.
I'm with the clever people.

who are these clever people then ?

Tax dodgers like R.Branston ?

Sponsored Links
That is how divorces work, after the negotiations, the partners can decide to reject or accept the arrangements that have been negotiated.

Blimey Wannabe right all the time, I have the feeling that you've never got divoced if that's your view of how it works. Normally, one of you decides you've had enough, and decided they want a divorce (just like in the Brexit vore) then you either agree on an amicable divorce, or you get the laywers involved if you can't, and they argue backwards and forwards (oh, just as Bernier and Davis are doing) until they eventually reach an agreement which neither side likes, but both proclaim as a victory.

The clever people running the economy say the UK will take a financial hit.
Actually, most of the Brexit bunch know we'll take a financial hit, we're just not worried about it like the Remoaners are, as we know things will rebalance themselves within a few years. The economy has been up, and it's been down, and it will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Do many wives (or husbands) have a referendum on whether to get divorced and then go for it, at any cost, if only 52% of her wants it?

Also, it may depend on which 52% of her it is that wants it.

Wife to businessman husband (or vice-versa) -

52% of me wants a divorce, I am entitled to half the house and business, but if a settlement is not reached in eighteen months then I'm off anyway - now hurry up.

Sponsored Links
... then you either agree on an amicable divorce, or you get the laywers involved if you can't, and they argue backwards and forwards (oh, just as Bernier and Davis are doing) until they eventually reach an agreement which neither side likes, but both proclaim as a victory.
Is that not exactly the same as I said?
That is how divorces work, after the negotiations, the partners can decide to reject or accept the arrangements that have been negotiated.
:rolleyes:

Do many wives (or husbands) have a referendum on whether to get divorced and then go for it, at any cost, if only 52% of her wants it?

Also, it may depend on which 52% of her it is that wants it.

Wife to businessman husband (or vice-versa) -

52% of me wants a divorce, I am entitled to half the house and business, but if a settlement is not reached in eighteen months then I'm off anyway - now hurry up.

:confused::confused:

Do you think that when someone decides to go for a divorce they are fully decided, without any qualms, concerns or second-thoughts?
:rolleyes:

Blimey Wannabe right all the time, I have the feeling that you've never got divoced if that's your view of how it works. Normally, one of you decides you've had enough, and decided they want a divorce (just like in the Brexit vore) then you either agree on an amicable divorce, or you get the laywers involved if you can't, and they argue backwards and forwards (oh, just as Bernier and Davis are doing) until they eventually reach an agreement which neither side likes, but both proclaim as a victory.

Actually, most of the Brexit bunch know we'll take a financial hit, we're just not worried about it like the Remoaners are, as we know things will rebalance themselves within a few years. The economy has been up, and it's been down, and it will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Please don't try and equate leaving by using the metaphor of divorce. There will be ongoing issues with regards to trade, migration and the financial hit will not be a one off event - it could cause a run on the economy.

The level of naivety and brainless response to such a huge issue is mind boggling - some on here will cut their nose to spite their face.

Please don't try and equate leaving by using the metaphor of divorce.

But it's actually a very good analogy. So many Remoaners think that there should be a negotiation, and then another referendum to decide if we're happy with it, but when you divorce, you've decided to part, and then leave the laywers to discuss the terms. So what sort of analogy would you use.

I suspect there are a a few that will cut off their noses etc, but most of us don't actually think that way, we're just prepared to take the rough with the smooth, and know things will work out eventually. All those on here that are self employed, know that there are ups and down, but you work through them, and there are those that will still play safe. As they say, it takes all sort to make a world.

And in response to you're view that there's a level of naievety and a brainless response to a huges issue, I have to say that that view goes both ways. I never cease to be amazed by those that are fearful of change.

But it's actually a very good analogy. So many Remoaners think that there should be a negotiation, and then another referendum to decide if we're happy with it, but when you divorce, you've decided to part, and then leave the laywers to discuss the terms. So what sort of analogy would you use.

I suspect there are a a few that will cut off their noses etc, but most of us don't actually think that way, we're just prepared to take the rough with the smooth, and know things will work out eventually. All those on here that are self employed, know that there are ups and down, but you work through them, and there are those that will still play safe. As they say, it takes all sort to make a world.

And in response to you're view that there's a level of naievety and a brainless response to a huges issue, I have to say that that view goes both ways. I never cease to be amazed by those that are fearful of change.

Please outline how you think things will just work out? What is the WTO tariff on food? It;s 22% - you think you and everyone else will accept such a rise in food prices?

How will that be a change for good?

Please list the upsides of leaving the EU without a deal.

That's not the issue, that's just worries. It'll hurt the EU just as much as it does us, and as both sides want a deal, they'll both work towards one. On the other hand, there's a lot to suggest that the EU will cut off it's nose to spite it;s face just as much as our side will.

That's not the issue, that's just worries. It'll hurt the EU just as much as it does us, and as both sides want a deal, they'll both work towards one. On the other hand, there's a lot to suggest that the EU will cut off it's nose to spite it;s face just as much as our side will.

So you can't list anything then.

The EU is 27 countries after we leave, it will still be a larger market than us. It will hurt us more as we will be looking at WTO tariffs.

https://www.ft.com/content/5741129a-4510-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d

We can't just joint the WTO - its a lengthy process.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-does-a-country-become-a-wto-member-3306362

So to reiterate its not a divorce, once divorced you can remarry as soon as its complete, we would not be able to join the WTO immediately or cut deas instantly.

EU :LOL:

the pencil pushers in the EU's dream of the united states of Europe;)

And who are they to dictate to the UK , who are what one the only countries in Europe/EU that has been democratic for the last 150 odd years (??)

Romania = dictatorship
Spain = facist dictarship (franco)
Portugal = military dictatorship
Greece = run by a military junta

Poland, Bulgaria, Czechs , Hungary, East Germany ect part of the USSR communist empire.

Need not go back beyond the 70's ;)

UK = founder member of nato , Permanent member of the UN security council etc etc

has to go cap in hand to the EU over vat on tampons & sanitary products :LOL::LOL::LOL:

sums up the remoaners tbh how they have dragged the UK down to there cap in hand level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back