Bosch multi-cutter vs Fein MultiMaster

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the new bosch blue Mains GOP will be out any day now
also a adaptor so you can fit bosch blades to fein machines :LOL: plus a few new blades

Aminster have them for £99

That's not the new one!! Bosch have released the GOP300 with an SDS blade change system now

Where are they for sale screwfix and ebay don't have any?

Andy

Screwfix have only just added the GOP 250 CE in a kit form for £169.99, before that they only stocked the 10.5v version.

Axminster tools do the GOP 250 CE both in a full kit and on it's own (with a few cutters) for £99.99 . . . havent yet seen the GOP 300 in there, mind you for just under £100 you can't go wrong with the 250 still

I have the Bosch PMF180E which was just over £50 on a Homebase 15% off day.

Not a bad bit of kit for the price, and with a Joaliff.com adapter it will take all the Fein multimaster blades as well.

I can't justify a more expensive machine as in all honesty it won't get a lot of use, and as one of those tools you might just need from time to time, a cordless one isn't going to be any use or I'll always be waiting for it to charge.

Off to check out blades on Ebay now.

Makita have just recently released a new 18v Multi-Tool with 24 & 30 piece accessory kits, I think the model of them is Makita BTM50RFX1

I often wondered why Bosch went with the 10.8v GOP and not 18v. Do you think these Makita's will be worth the extra money is 18v really that much better than 10.8v?

So it is, but what's your thoughts on the machine itself? ok it has 18v 3.0ah batteries compared to the Bosch 10.8v but does that make it worth the extra money?

I have also noticed they do it in 14.4v also, would you add this tool to your makita tool kit? better yet. Makita should have a Kit like the Bosch GOP GSR 10.8v but in 18v

The 18v units look a bit too big, heavy and unwieldy.

The good thing about the Bosch 10.8v unit is its small size and light weight - so better for awkward places or carrying about

I have a Fein 'supercut' 240v. Cost me almost £600 with all the whistles and bells.
Had it for well over 10 years now.
At one time though- blades used to cripple me replacing them- re cost--hit one nail and £10 gone -but ever since the 'patent' on Fein ran out- lots of cheap copy blades available.

Best tip is to run it on a slower speed.

Bosch dont come even close to Fein.

If you dont really need cordless- go for Fein. It's a machine that will outlast them all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back