Bought anything from B&Q? Please check this product list...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...for recall or safety notices:

upload_2019-12-31_18-38-2.png

Sponsored Links
I try to avoid them, but sometimes they are the only easy place for small quantities of timber. I cannot stand the way Timber/trade merchants run their business whereby, you have to go to the yard, get a quote written up, go pay for it, then go back to the yard to collect.

Sponsored Links
At just under a fiver for a tube of silicone sealant I don't think B & Q is particularly good value. My local DIY shop sells it for £1.40 a tube.

My local DIY shop sells it for £1.40 a tube.
What brand? That sounds like cheap tat to me. The last time I paid that much, it ended up in the bin. Some silicone sealants aren't worth the plastic cartridge they come in.

Soudal (low mod), Dow corning, CT1 are all ok brands. You won't find these selling for £1.40 lol.

...for recall or safety notices:

View attachment 179874

https://www.diy.com/customer-support/product-information/product-recall/

Item number one- the sander (B&Q own brand).

"Please note that only the product detailed in this notice is at risk. All other sanders sold by B&Q are unaffected."

Item number three- another sander (an own brand erbauer)...

Given that quite a few of the items listed are distributed by Kingfisher, the parent company of B&Q and Screwfix, it is a tad worrying that Screwfix decided that the Recall notice should only be displayed in stores until 20/08/2019.

https://www.screwfix.com/images/general/assets/gfx/product_recall_erbauer_orbital_sander.pdf

Personally I try to avoid Kingfisher/Screwfix/B&Q own brand tat.

What brand? That sounds like cheap tat to me. The last time I paid that much, it ended up in the bin. Some silicone sealants aren't worth the plastic cartridge they come in.

Soudal (low mod), Dow corning, CT1 are all ok brands. You won't find these selling for £1.40 lol.

I have to agree that I wouldn't want to use a £1.50 silicone. I'd rather stick with Dow. That said the likes of B&Q are far more expensive than a decent decorators' merchant.

Sponsored Links
Back