Bowed worktops!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

When we had our worktops delivered, they were slightly bowed, but were advised that this can 'calm down' in time. Anyhow, they were fitted and although the joins weren't perfect, we eventually planned to have them plained level. However, in the last couple of days we've noticed that our gas hob seems to have ever so slightly raised at the edges, and the joins have got ever so slightly worse. What would people advise to do with this? We'd obviously loathe to pay another £1000 for more wood worktops. Is there any simple or least, cost effective solution?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
who bought the worktops you or the fitter!!!

if it was the fitter get him back to sort it out thats assuming you didnt ask him to do somthing he advised against!!!

if you supplied the worktop and he fitted it properly' welcome to the world off supply it yourself pitfall :cry:

if you suppled and it was fitted properly you are responcible for any time he spends from now on

It sounds like they are drying out. Timber products should be stored in the room they are being installed to allow them to acclimatise.

They had only been standing in a different room for 2-3 days before being fitted. We are still oiling them all with danish oil on a weekly basis. Is there anything else we should be doing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
did you give the underneath three coats of oil before instilation

you should also oil daily for the first week then weekly for a month

is there a dish washer underneath !!! that needs foil above it

I can not understand why people want wooden worktops! it seems like a problem waiting to happen.

did you give the underneath three coats of oil before instilation

you should also oil daily for the first week then weekly for a month

You must really love wood to have to do this.

I would rather hack me testicles off with a spoon. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back