Brexit deal rejected again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible, after being told many times it is false, just how many (Notch included probably) how many still believe the straight banana myth.

Gullible Quitters hungry for bulls hit.

90% of gullible Labour voters believed a Corbyn government would end student debt and tuition fees.

Yup Labour voters believe in money trees

Sponsored Links
You mean 42% of a study based on 2200 people.

Should you want to look at specifics it was in fact labour leave supporters who by majority believed the claim which I find a little amusing.

Overall 58% either didn't know or didn't believe the claim, I don't think it's fair to say leave voters "overwhelmingly believed the claim" when in fact the majority didn't know or didn't believe it, so it's highly doubtful it would have played a part in their decision making.

Let's not forget to mention that remain supporters (even though a lower amount) still held the same incorrect beliefs.

As usual you misread the report to put it kindly. I said leavers overwhelmingly which is correct boyo. You seem to confuse the difference between the overall percentage and the one for the leavers either on

64% Tory leavers and 65% Labour leavers believed the claim.

Sponsored Links
As usual you misread the report to put it kindly. I said leavers overwhelmingly which is correct boyo. You seem to confuse the difference between the overall percentage and the one for the leavers either on

Overall 58% either didn't know or didn't believe the claim, I don't think it's fair to say leave voters "overwhelmingly believed the claim" when in fact the majority didn't know or didn't believe it, so it's highly doubtful it would have played a part in their decision making.

Based on a poll of 2200 people I don't think it's fair to say leave voters overwhelming believed the claim.

Brig has obviously refused to read the Labour manifesto, so he is ignorant of what Labour policy actually is.

Sammy refuses to accept this fact.

Fair enough, he doesn't want to believe it. He would be embarrassed to admit the truth.

But that doesn't stop it being true.

Sammy refuses to accept this fact.

Fair enough, he doesn't want to believe it. He would be embarrassed to admit the truth.

But that doesn't stop it being true.

It's not a fact, it's a presumption based on 2200 people.

Brig has obviously refused to read the Labour manifesto, so he is ignorant of what Labour policy actually is.
I was referring to the "end student debt" subject.
Corbyn left the misconception out there though (where it became "true"), until forced to "clarify" (retract) his position.

At the time which was before the election, some Labour MPs tweeted that student debt would be ended.

Funny it was cleared up AFTER the election when it became 'an ambition'

At the time which was before the election, some Labour MPs tweeted that student debt would be ended.

Funny it was cleared up AFTER the election when it became 'an ambition'

"Jeremy Corbyn didn’t commit to abolishing student debt before the last election, although he did say he would “deal with” the high debts of graduates and was looking at ways to do so.

The official Labour policy for existing graduates was that they would be protected from above inflation interest rate rises on existing debt and Labour would “look for ways to ameliorate this debt burden in future.” This policy was not mentioned in the party’s manifesto."

"
Both Jeremy Corbyn and the Shadow Chancellor, John McDonnell, said in interviews after the election that abolishing student debt was never promised, but that it was a “real ambition”. The Shadow Education Secretary, Angela Rayner, also told MPsthat this was never the promise.

During the election, however, some Labour figures seemed to have sown confusion about the policy.

Labour’s shadow justice minister Imran Hussain said in a video that “every existing student will have all their debts wiped off”. Another shadow minister, Sharon Hodgson, tweeted that “Labour could write off historic student debts| All those in early 20's with student debt”.

The first doesn’t say that graduates would also have their debts wiped off, and the second doesn’t say the pledge is a certainty. Nevertheless, compared to Mr Corbyn’s “looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden”, both interventions could have given voters the wrong idea about what was being promised."

https://fullfact.org/education/student-debt-what-did-labour-say/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back