Brexit Is a Complete failure

Sponsored Links

Brexit plan branded ‘baffling’ and ‘overbearing’ by M&S chief as it will harm trade​

Mr Norman urged ministers to relax post-Brexit trade plans which he called “baffling” and “overbearing”.

The former Tory MP’s comments are the latest in a string of warnings from top industry figures towards the Government over its economic policy.

Sir James Dyson, the founder of Dyson, called it a “stupid” economic approach and the director-general of Confederation of British Industry said it has a lack of “strategy”.

The letter directly criticises the plans for packaging changes which would see companies label items with “Northern Ireland only” or “UK wide”.

“The overbearing costs of a labelling regime would raise prices and reduce choice for consumers, further disadvantage UK farmers and suppliers and impact UK retailers competitiveness in other international markets.
“The simple fact is retailers already operate in real time digital information – day or night, at the click of a button, we can locate our products be that in a depot, in transit or in a store.”
He added: “In a digital era – when one tap of a mobile can check-in a customer at store and locate their order in under 60 seconds, it’s baffling that the Government and EU have rewound four decades to discuss an expensive ‘solution’ involving stickers and labelling.”

I see examples of remainers failing to understand the written word.
No. You have that wrong too. We voted for brexit.

but we want to understand why you voted for what you didn't want, and the benefits of brexit

Sponsored Links
Spite. In large quantities by the French and Germans. Oh, and the type of people that join a DIY forum who generally refuse to accept the result of the referendum and specifically to constantly whine about it.
spite maybe.

But from people like you, not from the French and Germans

Why do you say you voted for Brexit when it was a word that was clearly nowhere to be seen on the ballot paper. ?

Why do you say you voted for Brexit when it was a word that was clearly nowhere to be seen on the ballot paper. ?
Because that's what leaving the EU has become familiarly known.

Come on, old Spode. You can do much better than that.

Had your Sugar Puffs yet?

Why do you think it's come into prominence, anything to do with having an harder edge to it than leave?
Sugar puffs are on stand by ready to be partaken when the questioning reaches threshold tolerance. (Tedious)

It's catchy.
I haven't eaten sugar puffs since school. Are they still chewy?

Brexit has been a resounding success but of course you bunch of clowns can't see that. Johnson did a cracking job of taking us away from the corruption and the back door occupation of the UK by foreign forces who have tried to gain control of this island for hundreds of years. We knew that it would devastate UK financially for a long time. Before covid we estimated 10 to 15 years but now possibly longer. We also didn't think about the dross that is ruling this country at the moment. Johnson's ONLY success was Brexit although his subsequent successors have brought this country even further down. In all honesty I cannot see anyone from any party who is going to do a better job. All current parties are a waste of space. Maybe one of you gobby lot should stand up and do the job. OH good gawd NO.

Brexit has been a resounding success but of course you bunch of clowns can't see that. Johnson did a cracking job of taking us away from the corruption and the back door occupation of the UK by foreign forces who have tried to gain control of this island for hundreds of years. We knew that it would devastate UK financially for a long time. Before covid we estimated 10 to 15 years but now possibly longer. We also didn't think about the dross that is ruling this country at the moment. Johnson's ONLY success was Brexit although his subsequent successors have brought this country even further down. In all honesty I cannot see anyone from any party who is going to do a better job. All current parties are a waste of space. Maybe one of you gobby lot should stand up and do the job. OH good gawd NO.
If i could put all that on my roses they'd come up lovely this spring.

Excellent post Fred, it's laugh a minute stuff on here with some of the ****e that gets posted.
Me favourite one is you vote to leave your somehow a traitor, whereas if you voted to remain and are quite happy to be ruled by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels your not.
Strange but true.

Excellent post, it's laugh a minute stuff on here with some of the ****e that gets posted.
Me favourite one is you vote to leave your somehow a traitor, whereas if you voted to remain and are quite happy to be ruled by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels your not.
Strange but true.
'Faceless bureaucrats' is a well-worn phrase that underlies the ignorance most Britons have about the EU - hell, most of us can't even pick our own MP out of a line-up.
One of the unforseen consequences of leaving the EU has been to encourage Putin into attacking Ukraine, and now we're having to subsidise a war with aid and military equipment at a time when the cost of living is increasing for everyone, and only the wealthy can absorb the impact - and even they're kicking up a fuss over the costs of Brexit, which informs me they weren't expecting the price to be so high, even allowing for the Covid-consequnces.

Sponsored Links
Back