Brick-layer from hell.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having dug out for my foundations and having them poured.
4 metres long and then 8 metres long x 500mm depth.

I then had various quotes to build from front garden wall.

I supplied all the materials and a labourer.

The "bricky" spent one day here building a 4 metre wall x 1.1m high, only for me to put a level on it and find it is 32mm out.

I told him that the only thing stopping me from pulling his head off was that his father in law is a neighbour.

Now I have to knock it down and start again.

Before anyone asks, he is not foreign.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Must've been the foundations that were out to start with :LOL:

He was using a level, must have lost the bubble????

When I put my level on it and showed him the 32mm difference.

His reply was "its only a garden wall mate"

At that point I nearly lost it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Try £250.00 per day.....................................How much should I be paying.

Andy

HERTSDRAINAGE2010 told the bricklayer in no uncertain terms not to set foot on his land again!

angry_old_lady.jpg

:LOL:

No joke , the price was £250 per day for bricky only.......................Don't worry I didn't pay him anything.

Andy

i know this brickie was mince, but am i right when i say some posters seem to have a prob with a brickie getting £250 a day, if so get over yourself, why cant a SE brickie charge £30+ ph?

You're honestly saying £5400 a month or £55000 a year taking say 2months un-paid leave in said year is reasonable?

i know this brickie was mince, but am i right when i say some posters seem to have a prob with a brickie getting £250 a day, if so get over yourself, why cant a SE brickie charge £30+ ph?

They must work funny hours @ £30.00 an hour, if he did eight hours that would be £240.00. So, to have charged £250.00 for an 8 hour day that's £31.25 an hour. Can't brickies do simple maths? ;)

They must work funny hours @ £30.00 an hour, if he did eight hours that would be £240.00. So, to have charged £250.00 for an 8 hour day that's £31.25 an hour. Can't brickies do simple maths? ;)

read my post properly, who said they cant do maths, who said they work 8hrs a day, why cant they earn this kind of money, newbies on here get absolute f'kin pelters for saying they will work for £20 ph and we tell them you are stupid as you wont work 8hrs every day etc etc, honestly dont have a problem with a tradesman earning £250 per day for doing a good job for me (i know this guy was mince but that isnt what is getting me pelters) my brother in law is a roughcaster and earns this type of money 3.5/4hrs a week then nowt on a fri so his total is divided by 5 days as he has to eat every day, what is the problem with this kind of money, £30+ph is what we should be charging, to those slagging me how much do you charge for a one day bathroom swap or a combi to combi swap if i supply all material?

Sponsored Links
Back