Brickwork 18mm out of plum on new build- advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have recently bought a new build and had a snag inspection done today. Have been advised the brickwork on one side is out by 18mm, I believe the acceptable deviation is 10mm.

I have a meeting with the site manager next week where I will bring this up.

In the meantime thought would ask on the significance of the deviation, is it something to worry about and would it have any bearing if I were to sell the house in the future?

also anyone got any experience of approaching a builder with anything similar and what was the outcome?

thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
NHBC means, "New Houses Built Crap". The house won't fall down, the brickwork is just ****. NHBC states 8mm out of plumb in a reveal, maximum. When I built my first extension years ago, my brickwork was 5mm out of plumb, from the path to the top of the gable end, that's 8.5 metres in height. Brickies are paid per brick, hence **** brickwork. I would never buy a new build, and if I won one in a raffle, I would put it on eBay.

NHBC means, "New Houses Built Crap". The house won't fall down, the brickwork is just ****. NHBC states 8mm out of plumb in a reveal, maximum. When I built my first extension years ago, my brickwork was 5mm out of plumb, from the path to the top of the gable end, that's 8.5 metres in height. Brickies are paid per brick, hence **** brickwork. I would never buy a new build, and if I won one in a raffle, I would put it on eBay.

Are the NHBC likely to take the issue seriously enough to request the builder rectifies it? Someone else was telling me their builder offered a gesture of goodwill instead of re-doing the wall.

NHBC are useless. Ring them to confirm what I said.

Sponsored Links
NHBC tolerance is +- 8mm per storey up to 3m, what’s the betting they will count the gable as 3 storey and say it’s within tolerances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back