Brilliant so so funny whoever thought it up !

Brussels sprouts are named after the fact that they were cultivated in Belgium in the 16th century

Not Yorkshire.

I dont call my Yorkshire puddings, Sussex puddings just because I make them in er Sussex

Sponsored Links
Brussels sprouts are named after the fact that they were cultivated in Belgium in the 16th century

Not Yorkshire.

I dont call my Yorkshire puddings, Sussex puddings just because I make them in er Sussex
Sprouts cultivated in Brussels are Brussels sprouts, sprouts did not originate there. I dare say sprouts from Yorkshire or Leicestershire have a different character to sprouts from Brussels.Sussex pudding is a pudding in its own right.

Sprouts cultivated in Brussels are Brussels sprouts, sprouts did not originate there. I dare say sprouts from Yorkshire or Leicestershire have a different character to sprouts from Brussels.Sussex pudding is a pudding in its own right.

Thats not the point.

Brussel sprouts is the name for that vegetable.
No further discussion required.

Thats not the point.

Brussel sprouts is the name for that vegetable.
No further discussion required.
Sprouts is the name, Brussels sprouts were cultivated in Brussels, green beans were cultivated in France, some people call green beans French beans, but they are green beans.They should have called them "Sprouts from Yorkshire" , but they are not Brussels sprouts.

Sponsored Links
Sprouts is the name, Brussels sprouts were cultivated in Brussels, green beans were cultivated in France, some people call green beans French beans, but they are green beans.They should have called them "Sprouts from Yorkshire" ,
You keep arguing against yourself.

but they are not Brussels sprouts.
Yes, they are. Yorkshire Pudding is an equivalent name wherever it is made.

Do you not think anyone can do Irish dancing in Yorksire?

hatejob is beginning to see some advantages in EU trade regulations.

So you can have Cheddar cheese made in Paris, Ardennes pate made in Oxford, Champagne from Dorking, ?
Yes you can have Cheddar made in Paris or anywhere for that matter, it is not a protected name, Champers is a different story, but some other countries make wine branded as champagne

some other countries make wine branded as champagne

But they are not allowed to sell it under that name in the EU.

Port wine, Sherry, Scotch Whisky, Cornish Pasties; Stilton cheese; Melton Mowbray Pork Pies, Rutland Bitter; Cornish Clotted Cream; also protected. Shetland Wool; Plymouth Gin. Jersey Royal Potatoes. The Brexers don't like EU standards so no doubt will throw all that away.

Canada, in its recent EU trade deal, accepted EU standards on Geographic names.

I was surprised, in Australia, to be offered a Scotch Fillet steak that had never been north of the Equator.

At least it wasn't a meat pie or a sausage, revolting food when I was there

But fries are not the same as chips!

Oh :oops:

Well call em some thing other than French :?:

Many years ago my neighbour used to race pigeons

On a continental race many did not come back

Shot over France ;)

Just as well, gristle in gravy wrapped in pastry, might be better now, certainly seafood was top notch, a dozen oysters for a few dollars

Sponsored Links
Back