Brit gas trying to kill a customer

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add the boiler had only been of at time clock and pilot light was on and boiler control was on

which is absolutely correct for AR, ok paperwork is missing, but you only have the old dears word for there being no paperwork and what the guy actually told them, i try not to slag BG as they are simply a private company like all you other guys, some good and some bad, but credit where credit is due their paperwork trail is usually bullit proof and i have heard other guys moaning that BG letter everything as if it was wrong, and that they dont use common sense, when you work for a large company common sense is replaced by audit policy so if my boss tells me i MUST write up where is is required then i will do so, if you are a private guy and it is a private customer and you discuss the problem and tell them you should write it up by wont bother as you are going back on friday to fix the prob, then thats up to you, but the same sweet little dear who agreed not to get a warning notice will stab you in thebacdk as quick aas look at you in court cause her lawyer told she has to or she will lose her case

The last person to work on any gas equipment is responsible at law for the safety of the whole installation from the meter onwards. He can end up in prison if he does not do his job properly.

Please don't slag people or their employers off for fulfilling their obligations.

The last person to work on any gas equipment is responsible at law for the safety of the whole installation from the meter onwards. He can end up in prison if he does not do his job properly.

Please don't slag people or their employers off for fulfilling their obligations.

We wouldn't if they were consistent.

2 identical boilers, in identical rooms with identical vents etc.

The only difference one occupants is in there 80s the other is much younger.

Both a routine service, at the same time by the same BG engineer.

One is is ok the other is turned off and the shark is knocking on the door.

Why.

Sponsored Links
If something bothered me like this seems to have bothered you DIA then at the time i would be phoning up for an explanation and a visit from a manager to come out and explain .

You say you took the time to phone about the deposit.

So WHY did you not FIRST phone the compliants dept ask for a manager to come out for what you claim is a wrongly turned off boiler and as a result a wrongly sold job.
You are a knowlegable bloke and qualified so the wool would not have been pulled over your eyes
If this was the case then your close friend would have had his boiler reinstated and all monies refunded and not be 5k short in his pocket .

Still doesnt add up to me

I did all that namsag I can assure you but.

The guy was confused and had no heating.

The shark was on the doorstep faster than a speeding bullet, so by the time I hear about it, it's a done deal.

To get one thing quite clear I advised my friend, and offered to help, and that was what would have happened.

However the shark has re-appeared on the door step, and now my friend doesn't want the hassle, and said just do it, His decision, not mine.

Hang on no heating and he needed heating on.
We both know that if gas board turn someone off we can turn them back on if we think its safe.
Iwould have done that straight away so the guy was not fretting

Personally i would not have let it lie, a couple of phone callls and an hour of my time for an elderly friend but each to there own

Temporary job until the resident can get a Gas Safe bod with a core drill to remedy . OK leave the back door open too :rolleyes: Of course you can`t trust old people not to shut the living room door and put a draft snake along the bottom - or stuff socks into the wall vent . You can trust Gas Safe fitters to argue and H+S to rule our lives :mrgreen:

You are of course talking complete and utter bobbins.

There is no such things as a "temporary job" when it comes to venting an open flued boiler and fire FFS. What does making the room bigger achieve?

Yes we can argue H&S. Yes we can argue the regs. What's your point? Come back when you know what purpose provided uncloseable ventilation is for and how a flue works.

Interesting comments nickso.

A. why did they turn the boiler off in that case.

B. was it just luck that the sales shark was round the corner, or were they working together.

C. off course he was daft, they are in their 80s and don't want this type of hassle, understandable I would say. And certainly why BG target the old people to rip off.

A. If he did he was probably in the wrong, what more can I say without seeing it?

B. Will anyone ever know? We only have your word for it.

C. BG do not tell their engineers to target old people, certain engineers may do so being the lowlife that they are, nothing anyone but the engineer in question can do about that. Facts still remain your pal knew that he was potentially being done and he bent over for more.

[There is no such things as a "temporary job" when it comes to venting an open flued boiler and fire FFS. What does making the room bigger achieve?

What's your point? Come back when you know what purpose provided uncloseable ventilation is for and how a flue works.
Well it stops my open fire from smoking :LOL: I won`t be back because I`ve no need to spend thousands on Gas Safe registration and don`t want to be in a club of self righteous pedants - I` ve got my local Church for that , God Bless You.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back