Brit gas trying to kill a customer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have vent size changed in the last year, reason why I ask a old lady of 84years old over road to me had her back boiler serviced by brit gas he said regs had changed and turned boiler of due to vent being to small, the size was 9 inches by 6 inches. The boiler had been serviced by brit gas for the last 15 years, the temp outside was - 7 was he trying to kill her.

So I change vent cover and make vent larger wot is 100cm squared in inches, the largest gas vent grill at b& q is 9inches by 9 inches.

By the way I did turn her boiler on, Yes i did say it was minus 7

Sponsored Links
BG serviced my boiler this year, an Ideal Mexico. It is in a cupboard with a partition in that has two airvents in, then a door on the cupboard with two more vents in.

He did not turn me off, but said it was NTCS. Maybe her boiler was different and the ventilation was safety critical? Don't know.

Hope you carried out all the other safety checks that would be required following a disconnect.

You might have done better to give her an electric fire and then raise a complaint.

Sponsored Links
Johnsmiley, what is the relevance of vent size (9x6 or 9x9)?

So I change vent cover and make vent larger wot is 100cm squared in inches
You have now taken responsibility for the job, and it appears you don't know what you're doing.

AR at most.

Like the smilie 45years , normally it's a frown. :LOL: ;)

Was told by sevice person the only thing wrong was vent size after he had service boiler, no label was put on boiler he had run out of them .

There was a reason why asking when regs changed vent size, or does no one no

Well the thread title is a little mis-leading.

Edited: to remove the ability of YeeHawing and such.

Was told by sevice person the only thing wrong was vent size after he had service boiler, no label was put on boiler he had run out of them .

There was a reason why asking when regs changed vent size, or does no one no

more concerning is that you dont seem to know the current vent regs and you have turned the boiler back on, therefore if anything happens to the lovely old dear "you are doing a favour" you will get slapped for it

And now you have been monkeying around with the ventilation you have a duty of care to ensure the flue is operating properly FFS.

This is why you shouldn't have got involved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back