British Gas Requirements

Not strictly relevant but i had to turn off a unit yesterday which had no frsh air for combustion.

I turned off the gas cock.

what made it all so difficult was the poor old dear has dementia every 10 seconds she was asking who I was and what i was doing.

So I got a neighbour. He seemed to be nuts aswell.

I mean it's bad enough normal people pointing at the chimney when you ask for ventilation, but when it's someone you can't explain that a chimney is not a vent to it's double bad.

You get some jobs you just wish you hadn't turned up to. And it's so horrendously busy in Hull at the moment. I have no idea why.

To be honest it would have been quicker to load the core drill on the van instead of spending an hour treading on glass and wearing kid gloves drill a core vent..

Sponsored Links
The people who really anoy me when I am busy are the ones who say at 3 oclock "is this your last job then"?

Where do they get the idia that is ever any kind of possibility.

I think if they spent a day in my toe tectors it would kill them. the world seems to be full of people sat on their celulite contibuting nothing to society. A total waste of oxygen. Saying to hard working people half way through their day "is this your last job then"?

The gap between them as work hard and them as don't work has widened. them as work hard are working harder than them as don't can possibly conseave. They haven't even got the brain power to imagine it. Total waste of time talking to them.

Sponsored Links
The people who really anoy me when I am busy are the ones who say at 3 oclock "is this your last job then"?

Where do they get the idia that is ever any kind of possibility.

I think if they spent a day in my toe tectors it would kill them. the world seems to be full of people sat on their celulite contibuting nothing to society. A total waste of oxygen. Saying to hard working people half way through their day "is this your last job then"?

The gap between them as work hard and them as don't work has widened. them as work hard are working harder than them as don't can possibly conseave. They haven't even got the brain power to imagine it. Total waste of time talking to them.

bang on paul, there is a chav underclass who are a product of the benefit state that you and I are paying for. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. :evil:

Did an open flued wah today which only requires 10cm, so the 4" one in the landing ceiling through loft to vent on roof which was fitted many years ago will do.

Just through in as an example.

Also in same property there were two double air bricks into kitchen adjacent to hall with wah, so a slice off the bottom of the kitchen door would do if there hadn't been the above provision.

Wit these warm air installs you have to do some lateral thinking. The customer never knows where the ventilation is. Have even found it to be staggered glass atop of door frame and outside vent in lobby.

By nature (for cheapness of running ducts) the units tend to be central in the core of the building so through a room or door to an outside wall is pretty normal, or via loft through a slate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back