Britain outwits EU.......again

Status
Not open for further replies.
t Notch obviously finds that exciting... we have a common enemy and Notch finds this as a trump card

Brexit supporters like Dangee, Fillyboy and others are beside themselves that the EU are suffering another wave.

Obviously they find that exciting.

It is interesting you don't see a reason to call them out.

Sponsored Links
But when it come to putting the All Lives Matter slogan into practice, it all falls apart. They resort to the OBLM slogan (Only British Lives Matter.)
Now come on, if you were the Prime Minister of the U.K., would you put the lives of people in other countries before the lives of your own people?

Brexit supporters like Dangee, Fillyboy and others are beside themselves that the EU are suffering another wave.

Obviously they find that exciting.

It is interesting you don't see a reason to call them out.

We are number 21 on the list of country's deaths down from number 1... All be it I find this good news doesn't mean I celibrate all these deaths in other countries.

The news reported that India had banned all vaccine exports a while ago. I have heard nothing since. It was to be a very major supplier of AZ. The Serum Institute is a major vaccine producer as far as I am aware.

:ROFLMAO: Fillyboy - well he loves to grab a bit of news and view it as it suites him and is very fond of certain sources that are bent. His views imply that the EU have interfered with UK vaccine deliveries otherwise it makes no sense at all. Bit of a problem, they haven't. He's a nice guy etc but lives in the land of nod at times.

It looks like the EU is going very very Pfizer so no doubt other EU based producers will be glad to sell anywhere. AZ are extremely disappointed given the size of the Pfizer order they placed recently.

The UK and others have put a lot of money into the 3rd world vaccination pot but I'm left wondering just who will produce them and when. Even which ones.

Sponsored Links
From your link

"A spokesman for the European Commission declined to comment specifically on Middleton’s remarks, but said advance purchase deals “provide for member states to indemnify the manufacturer for certain liabilities incurred under specific and strict conditions” but “liability still remains with the companies”

Oh yeah, the mysterious 'spokesman' for the European Commission said so. That’s not you is it?

It looks like the EU is going very very Pfizer so no doubt other EU based producers will be glad to sell anywhere. AZ are extremely disappointed given the size of the Pfizer order they placed recently.

Is it a good idea putting all your eggs in one basket using Pfizer. Now I'm only a plumber (so don't really know) but surely it's worth covering all basis by using other Vaccines on offer for wider greater protection.

Is it a good idea putting all your eggs in one basket using Pfizer. Now I'm only a plumber (so don't really know) but surely it's worth covering all basis by using other Vaccines on offer for wider greater protection.

There is no way of knowing really. All that can be said about Pfizer is that Israel's use of it is far more extensive than any trial on any one of them. They have made medical records available to all. It's why Pfizer arranged for them to get as many jabs as they needed as quickly as possible. Results - nothing in the news. The news channels never follow anything up and covid news is dropping. Post 1st lock down is interesting in that area - 20,000 people quietly died as it built up again. Now we are getting news that disregards the fact that figures are mostly down to lockdown but there are hints that vaccinations has done something.

Van-Tam summed up covid handling rather well. It's like building a ship while you are sailing it. He answered viewers questions during a C4 news broadcast. ;) Also suggestions he might do the same again.

We are number 21 on the list of country's deaths down from number 1... All be it I find this good news doesn't mean I celibrate all these deaths in other countries.

Yes I know you don't.

In the same way I don't celebrate any delays in UK vaccine rollout.

I know several people in the EU/EEA area, and although I disagree with their choice none has been required to sign anything...

Some pharma companies got partial immunity in return for a lower cost per dose in the EU...

Others did not...

But would you sign a waver to get jabbed even if it were offered?

B@llox!
Italy and Spain are 2 of the countries that make you sign your life away.
I didn't sign any disclaimer in France. I did sign to say I wasn't pregnant. :rolleyes:
You must be making it up.
What a surprise.
Here is a typical example of a fool signing anything shoved under their nose and reading just the first line.
Not a surprise to us on this forum as you consistently proved to only be able to have a 6 seconds max attention span.

Because it's so late in the game they're running a much smaller Phase 3 trial, only 4,000 participants and using a proxy measure of Antibody numbers rather than actual Covid-19 infections, but thats still good enough.

The Trial that started a few days ago needs at least 6 weeks for each patient between injection and completion, plus time to recruit patients, collect results and crunch numbers. Oh and setup the study at the hospitals that'll be delivering it. Once they're happy it's good they need to send it off to the MHRA to approve it. We're taking around a month to sign off new Covid-19 vaccines after the paperwork is in. Then it needs to be shipped and stuck in arms, which is at least a week, assuming it has already been produced in bulk, which it might well be.

We're aiming to have everyone jabbed within 100 days, or around 14 weeks. I'd be amazed if this vaccine could even be part of that process. I don't get why were buying yet more doses of a vaccine we're probably never going to use.

They're also using Moderna. Two baskets, job done. ;)

There is no way of knowing really. All that can be said about Pfizer is that Israel's use of it is far more extensive than any trial on any one of them. They have made medical records available to all. It's why Pfizer arranged for them to get as many jabs as they needed as quickly as possible. Results - nothing in the news. The news channels never follow anything up and covid news is dropping. Post 1st lock down is interesting in that area - 20,000 people quietly died as it built up again. Now we are getting news that disregards the fact that figures are mostly down to lockdown but there are hints that vaccinations has done something.

Van-Tam summed up covid handling rather well. It's like building a ship while you are sailing it. He answered viewers questions during a C4 news broadcast. ;) Also suggestions he might do the same again.

I thing the government bought so many vaccines maybe a bit blind but took a gamble. And I think this has paid off.... could have gone horribly wrong.
Jabbing people with 3 or 4 different vaccines will build our resistance and help gain Herd immunity. Also buying so many we can give to other country's as a softener for trade negotiations.

I spoke with my mate in Israel last week they now believe they have Herd immunity. They could do alot of good by now supplying surplus to their neighbours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back