Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The search function is your friend.
Thanks.
I had already provided the same link a few minutes ago:
upload_2021-4-26_9-41-13.png

Johnny was choosing to ignore it.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I’m missing something but was it not possible to apply for permanent residence in France after the U.K. referendum result? Was it only possible before the result? Was it ever possible?

Maybe I’m missing something but was it not possible to apply for permanent residence in France after the U.K. referendum result?
The thread goes into huge and dull detail, but you could still use the same process that was there before the referendum vote the day after. It wasn't as simple as the right to remain process that was made available later on as that took 2 years to out in place.

I think it was mostly Johnny ranting about how good the French beauracracy is and Bobby providing a sanity check.

Maybe I’m missing something but was it not possible to apply for permanent residence in France after the U.K. referendum result? Was it only possible before the result? Was it ever possible?
As It Minion explained, it was complex and problematic.
Before and immediately after the Brexit result, you could, as an EU citizen, apply on line, or in person.
But as the agreement did not specify how, who or when, or how long the requirements would be, the system was suspended, and no decisions were made, but any applications were held in abeyance.
The same would have applied to any personal visits to offices, except they would have been simply turned away.
Once the final Agreement was reached, and about October 2020 the system was reopened, and any held applications were processed.
Prior to the Brexit referendum, any application was simply superfluous and not required, and usually not processed by the French.

Any other way, was applying as if rom a third country and meeting all the required conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back