Britian has got more talent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a follow on to the britain has got talent thread I thought I would start this one

here is a quote from joe from the earlier thread
there are better players on the open mike circuit all over the UK. Too bland.

Now I agree, and as some may know I frequent the open night circuit in the north east and there are some great players/performers out here in my neck of the woods so I'm sure there is all over the UK.

so I thought I would start sharing some of the peeps I have seen and also those I'm good pals with, and hoping that some of you lot can do too

Just seen this for the first time today they are pals of mine and also frequent the open mic circuit but I quite like the vid they have done and the song
they wrote,recorded and mixed the song and also filmed and edited the video
talented lads indeed IMO

Sponsored Links
I've never seen that Weather girl on the North East news mattie! :eek: I caught the Angel obviously and our beloved Bridge and St Mary's Lighthouse/island which is just down the road from me.

Quite liked the band. Not so sure about the bloke on his tod but each to ones own.

well I never blas I didn't realise you were so close
I spent many a courting moment at st marys lighthouse in my youth :)
I'm a gosforth lad originally
the lad singing on his own is quite out of context for him as he is a rock singer normally but as you say mate each to his own

Matt

Sponsored Links
Love the band, really nice sound, very together, good song.
I think that the other guy is playing the wrong material (for me anyway), I 'd love to hear him him do something like James Taylor or Neil Young.

Hi joe yes he.s a rock singer really that was taken at an acoustic open mic I used to run

This lad does james taylor stuff though {I know this is a john Martyn song)

That's more like it. Good player wasted as a rock singer.

That's more like it. Good player wasted as a rock singer.

Hi Joe it is the fella doing "man in the mirror" that is the rock singer
the fellow above (doing "may you never") is an acoustic player/singer Here's another I've just found of guy actually doing a James Taylor one

That guy's a class act. Send it to that dope Cowell.

BTW - any ideas of the most popular set list on the circuit?

That guy's a class act. Send it to that dope Cowell.

BTW - any ideas of the most popular set list on the circuit?

well still the old classics on the electric circuit bad company, cream, Hendrix fleetwood mac (both flavours), anything 12 bar of course :D

the acoustic circuit is probably more diverse as acoustic versions of all the above get done too as well as "acoustic type" songs

Yep that's really good. I'd love a go with a band like that. I can play that bouncy sitar solo like on the original (sometimes) - dead hard to get the bounce right though. :cry:

What happened to those videos you did Joe? I liked those but have scanned here and youtube but can't find them. I assume you've removed them. I know some idiots here thought it would be exceedingly funny to poke fun at you over them but I doubt that bothered you, you're a thick skinned beggar. It's very easy to be a critic/heckler, it takes balls to get up and perform. Especially in front of this lot.

I'll make some more when I get a better mike. People who can't always try to bring down those that can - it's a compliment really.

I'll make some more when I get a better mike. People who can't always try to bring down those that can - it's a compliment really.
:D You're many things Joe, a cantankerous swine, a wind-up merchant, opinionated... that's why you're alright in my book.... well, most of the time.

Look forward to the new stuff.

And here come the knockers.......

:D You're many things Joe, a cantankerous swine, a wind-up merchant, opinionated... that's why you're alright in my book.... well, most of the time.

Look forward to the new stuff.

And here come the knockers.......

I like a nice pair of knockers. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back