British cultural traditions?

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
You've obviously never tried proper real ale. Nectar.

Yes, I have, hence my comment ;)
Some properly brewed authentic Dutch lagers are really nector, petty you can only get the 'chemical' ones here (Heineken comes to mind.) Whatever happened to Orangeboom?

WoodYouLike said:
notb665 said:
You've obviously never tried proper real ale. Nectar.

Yes, I have, hence my comment ;)
Some properly brewed authentic Dutch lagers are really nector, petty you can only get the 'chemical' ones here (Heineken comes to mind.) Whatever happened to Orangeboom?

It became a tune. :D

I didnt know anybody did actually like Olives to eat, they are repulsive and dont have a nice taste at all,.............

You do now, they are not, and they do.

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Not like these Yerpean ones: cold, gassy and half the glass is froth. It's just so wrong!

I attended the Budweiser Beer School in Busch Gardens (Florida).

The daft bint who was "teaching" us was demonstrating the "proper" way to pour a beer... she reckoned it should be about half froth. Me and the other Brits sat at the back shaking our heads and saying "nononononoooo" in a low mumble. :LOL:

they sell bud on draught in dublin and its the best pint around,its quite rare in manchester on draught and i cant understand why :cry: :cry: , it would be the top selling lager on draught in a year. ;)

Have you ever had that white Guinness, Breo? That was well nice.

Incidentally, I hate this "extra cold" in pubs. John Smith's? Extra cold? You're joking! Guinness? Extra cold? Now come on!

I know we are supposed to be integrating with Yerp and all that but that is just a step too far!

i must be a wierdo then cos i love olives, but you cant beat fresh italian ones, they dont compare to the ones we have over here

jbonding said:
they sell bud on draught in dublin and its the best pint around,its quite rare in manchester on draught and i cant understand why :cry: :cry: , it would be the top selling lager on draught in a year. ;)
Are you sure you're not talking about the Czech Budvar Budweiser (which is nice), rather than the American Budweiser, which is disgusting industrial muck?

AdamW said:
Some of the weird things we do as a culture include:

1) the "wooden spoon". A Spanish friend was awarded one of these after a quiz and wasn't sure why she got a prize for coming last!
The very first competition i ever won when young was in a local paper and the first and only prize was a wooden spoon! or to be more precise a set of wooden spoons, nevertheless i was over the moon in winning them and so excited to give them to my mum.

Sponsored Links
Back