British Gas boiler fix OK?

BGSM going to pull you again who told you the company only keep spares for boilers under 7 years old .
They keep spares that are available no matter how old the boiler is even if that is 30 plus years as is the case with baxi 551`s amongst others.
You are not selling the company particularly well.

To the OP
i`m sure if the guy had said sorry you wont have any heat or hot water for a couple of days till he got part you would have been asking him to tape it up ,As it is the repair is probably better than the new lead

Sponsored Links
With so many customers to deal with and so many different types of boilers. They only keep spares for boilers under 7 years old.

Who told you that?

I couldnt give you a name, as it was about 9 months ago, but if I had one, I still wouldnt divuldge. Pretty sure I heard it in the academy.

Perhaps it was another thing we are told, That we pass on the customer, inadvetently.

If you know otherwise about the amount of spares that are kept, then I stand corrected.

Its not unusual to hear one thing and then someone say the opposite.

Sponsored Links
Common sense is not taught, but a bit of thought would help.
BG has approx 3 million homecare customers did you think these where all under 7 year old .
I think you need to read up on the company although a lot on here slag it to bits they do have a point in some respects so dont disregard what people say.

But you are a prime example of why they are prepared to let long service guys go who know how to repair and what is available ,this costs the company money .
You on the other hand have been poorly trained fed lies and in your naivety when you speak to customers and try and sell them stuff you genuinely are not lying and thus make the company money if customer also has not got a clue

Nope I.......
i have not been BG for a good while. But in a position where i still have a very good knowledge of everyday working of them an NG from a really high up level which involves stuff that engineers and managers never get to hear.
Oh and have common sense ;)

I have emailed BG Homecare customer service, but I have stated the whole thing from calling them at 7am to being up and runnung on the same day by 3pm was excellent, just querying the use of tape. But looking on here and seeing what the engineer meant about the case trapping the lead, tape probably best fix. Thanks for all the advice.

Re BG I know what you mean about goalposts they fail and pass mine on different things each year, every other year for 10 years my flu outlet is either to low or OK! They never measure it as it is 2 metres, I think it all depends on how tall the engineer is!

Re BG I know what you mean about goalposts they fail and pass mine on different things each year, every other year for 10 years my flu outlet is either to low or OK! They never measure it as it is 2 metres, I think it all depends on how tall the engineer is!

BG dont make the regulations they just enforce them as does (or should do) everyother gas safe engineer.

If its 2meters or above, Its fine. I presume this is for the flue guard. below 2 meters and it should have one.

That is part of the rule if it can be easily touched it also must have a guard no matter what height.

That is part of the rule if it can be easily touched it also must have a guard no matter what height.

What if a dwarf installed the boiler for his dwarf mate? , that would make for a pretty low terminal without the need for a guard , then you have Dan Robinson installing a boiler next door , this would make for a pretty high terminal in need of a guard. ;) :LOL:

This is getting peverse dan with a midget, some one would have to put the dwarf up to it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back