British Gas engineers.

I doubt it looking at this email I got. Not really going to attract quality engineers with these rates.
EF7B8E47-F9BA-4E39-BC86-FBEB641275DA.png

Sponsored Links
Trust me Notchy, it’s terrible. How much care do you think they will take? It’ll probably cost them a fiver to park!

I had a call tonight ... non working boiler I said £150 to come out he turned his nose up at that.... I didn't even want to go out ..... sod doing a breakdown for £45..

Sponsored Links
You can be GasSafe registered & never repaired a boiler in your life. BG staff haven’t got the time to fault find properly or work out why a component isn’t working. They’ll change a fan or a PCB or a gas valve other than that they’ll say it’s not covered & needs a powerflush.

Gas fitters for ya.

I did a power flush Friday. After a gas fitter fitted a new boiler the year before. He took the old one off the wall, put the new one up filled the system wired it up and connected the pipes. 2 grand and he finished by the afternoon.

Trust me Notchy, it’s terrible. How much care do you think they will take? It’ll probably cost them a fiver to park!

I've no idea what sort of area a BG engineer would have to cover or number of jobs per day. If it was say average of 6 jobs, that's only £120 - which is only the top end of a labourers wage.

TBH I'm sure I could be arzed to drive to a customers house to earn £20

I'm sure I pay around £80 to £100 for my boiler service on my prehistoric stelrad ideal. I think they do 2 service types short and long. I can't remember how long the guy is here, maybe 45 mins to an hour.

I know you can't compare as the BG rate includes van tools etc but all the same, it's only £20

Sponsored Links
Back