HERE,S SOMETHING ALL GAS ENGINEERS SHOULD KNOW

B

B.O.B DOLE

I know now how much the contractors get for each house on a service contract from local authority and this is £49.50 per property.
the average gas engineer gets £10 hour on local a total of £80 per day
They normally do around 8 to 12 property,s a day
so this is on average 10 x call it fifty quid is £500

mmmmmmmmmmmmm now this does pi.....ssssssssss me off.

CONTRACTOR SCUM £500
GAS ENGINEER £80

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
I know now how much the contractors get for each house on a service contract from local authority and this is £49.50 per property.

CONTRACTOR SCUM £500
GAS ENGINEER £80

Thats why you need to win 49.50 contracts and sub em out to 10.00 gas engineers while you enjoy you numerous holidays.

eek ill just check me meter (moderator, link deleted because of swear word)

........not a flicker...well a bit :cry:

ollski said:
B.O.B DOLE said:

CONTRACTOR SCUM £500
GAS ENGINEER £80

Thats why you need to win 49.50 contracts and sub em out to 10.00 gas engineers while you enjoy you numerous holidays.
is this in black and white on headed paper that youve seen ?

Sponsored Links
Clearly anyone servicing that many properties a day has no conscience and are cutting corners big time - I've never managed more than 6 properties a day and thats regular customers where I know the installations are safe and working OK (and with room sealed appliances)

Gasguru said:
Clearly anyone servicing that many properties a day has no conscience and are cutting corners big time - I've never managed more than 6 properties a day and thats regular customers where I know the installations are safe and working OK (and with room sealed appliances)

I can't really see how anyone could realistically justify spending any longer than 20 mins on a suprima, wheras of course a back boiler can take an hour or more.

I gave a Buderus the slowest possible anual service I could because the customer was watching me but after the first 2 minutes it was hard to think of anything. You could rebuild on ein 5 minutes.

Bob, are you stupid? Or just plain stupid? Who pays the employees van costs? NI? Holiday pay? Pension? Sickpay?
Who pays for planning? Admin? Repairs? Tool costs. Parts.
For you to sit in the van scratching your arse, cos you think you're underpaid,so you'll toss it off for a couple of hours?
Etc etc etc
Get back on the dole....

I met this fellow from up north who worked for a large contractor servicing council and HA properties.

He was allowed 22 Minutes to service a back boiler and issue an LSC after checking the meter and cooker. Failure to do the required number a day meant the loss of a 25% bonus. They had to work through the lunch hour and an extra hour or so every day to get their bonus. The firm got £22.50 for each one.

Also on the same course was an engineer from a council. There were two who had to oversee the contractors on about 2500 properties. He admitted that all his time was spent dealing with complaints and never had time to check the 1 in 20 for quality. He agreed that only one screw was replaced if that held the lot together.

We allow 75 minutes on site to just service a BBU with another 30 for an LSC !

Tony

as has been said by cowboy

the gas engineer (poor dear) gets 80 and the company he works for has to pay for

van
fuel
insurance
training
registration
advertising
administration
uniform
tools
van maintainance
PAYE

thats all i can think of at the mp bet there is more

and THATS why SCUM get paid more as they provide the company with the above AND do the job.

I hate subbiing on servicing as the pay is crap and usually the you are following the HAlO'd gas engineer who did a half arsed job the previous year

andy who is paying 49.5 for sub servicing, The last time i subbied for BG they paid me 17.5 per job and nowt if the client was out.

About 2 years ago i was working for an agency on £18 per hour doing local council work, mainly BBU Potterton Housewarmers and Baxi Bs. I was doing about 4 or 5 a day cold calling and also filling in LGSC. I could have done 6 a day at best. Everything was stripped down and done properly, I lasted a month because another company where doing 10 a day :confused: there was no chance i could have achieved that amount even in my dreams.

cowboyplumber said:
Bob, are you stupid? Or just plain stupid? Who pays the employees van costs? NI? Holiday pay? Pension? Sickpay?
Who pays for planning? Admin? Repairs? Tool costs. Parts.
For you to sit in the van scratching your a**e, cos you think you're underpaid,so you'll toss it off for a couple of hours?
Etc etc etc
Get back on the dole....

COWBOY PLUMB BRAINLESS GOB SHAIT

DO YOU REALY THINK THAT THE COMPANY IS DOING THIS ALL FOR the employer what part of uranaus are you from?
poor old contractor and i bet he is up all night worring how to pay is slaves.

And another thing all these contractors going off to iraq to make a mint on other peoples misory off with there heads i say and good riddence.

firefly said:
ollski said:
B.O.B DOLE said:

CONTRACTOR SCUM £500
GAS ENGINEER £80

is this in black and white on headed paper that youve seen ?

YES IT IS ..........

so get subbing bob asap.

we have it made we do, fast cars, faster women, luxury hols all with no stress what so ever, cant pay the vat man? dont worry tell him your a subbie and he will slip you a few bob to see you through

if you want the security of being a wage earner well dont expect millions, if you want to earn more cash then you have to take a few more risks, that is and always has been the score mate.

self employment can pay more but at higher risk. stop moaning about it thats life

Sponsored Links
Back