British Steel on verge of administration ... why?

Sponsored Links
Brexers are sturdy folk, who don't mind businesses going bust or other people losing their jobs.

Probably more to do with cheap Chinese steel.

There are some bugs eating my dahlia shoots -it never happened before Brexit

If the materials you use are imported, and priced in, say, dollars, but the products you sell are priced in pounds, then of course you will notice the difference when the pound declines from $1.49 to $1.269

The makers of pink wafer biscuits noticed the same thing, and went bust quicker.

Surely you remember this, the morning after the referendum?

PoundDrops.jpg

And it's gone down since.

As for trying to gain new contracts with foreign buyers, or renew old ones, why would they agree to import something when nobody has any ideas what the tariffs will be next year, next month, or even next week?

Sponsored Links
If you google "decline of US steel industry" you'll find a very similar story. I didn't think Brexit was such a powerful influence.

No deal Brexit wont cost the UK economy as much as a Corbyn government.

The IMF believes the pound was overvalued pre referendum

https://fullfact.org/economy/exchange-rates-and-imf/

There are other influences that can cause a run on the pound:

Labour is preparing for run on the pound if it wins power, says John McDonnell
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-jeremy-corbyn-party-conference-a7968156.html
My God!
If a horse falls at a fence in the Grand National, Notch will probably claim it was likely to fall over anyway.
The fact that the fence is there, the horse is just getting up, the rest of the field are galloping off into the distance, the jockey is busy rolling away out of danger, Notch will find another explanation for why the horse fell!

My God!
If a horse falls at a fence in the Grand National, Notch will probably claim it was likely to fall over anyway.
The fact that the fence is there, the horse is just getting up, the rest of the field are galloping off into the distance, the jockey is busy rolling away out of danger, Notch will find another explanation for why the horse fell!

Mfatic thinks the IMF havent got a Scooby :ROFLMAO:

If the materials you use are imported, and priced in, say, dollars, but the products you sell are priced in pounds, then of course you will notice the difference when the pound declines from $1.49 to $1.269

The makers of pink wafer biscuits noticed the same thing, and went bust quicker.

Surely you remember this, the morning after the referendum?

View attachment 164730

And it's gone down since.

As for trying to gain new contracts with foreign buyers, or renew old ones, why would they agree to import something when nobody has any ideas what the tariffs will be next year, next month, or even next week?

Watching with interest to see someone attempt to disprove these simple facts.

Mfatic thinks the IMF havent got a Scooby :ROFLMAO:
I admire the opinion of the IMF. So yet another example of your invented false allegations. Do all of your comments contain false allegations?

I also read the whole article, and I don't just post up a link hoping no-one will read it, then imply that it suggests what it does not.
"When the IMF made these judgements it assumed the UK would vote to remain in the EU. In the IMF’s view, the value of the pound might need to be even lower now that the UK has voted to leave. "
https://fullfact.org/economy/exchange-rates-and-imf/
The link to the same article.
The article clearly argues that the result of the Brexit referendum has affected the value of the pound.
One assumes that the reason for you referring to that article was that you were implying that the referendum result did not affect the value of the pound, otherwise, why post it?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back