British Steel on verge of administration ... why?

Brexit is not about the economy. It's more important than that.

Sponsored Links
Only in the febrile minds of people who are so utterly deluded and detached from reality that they invent utter b****cks to get upset about and then demand that the entire country embark on a path of mad economic ruin in order to satisfy their insane conspiracy theories

How much is it going to cost us if 5000+ workers have to go on the dole for a considerable amount of time.
£30m sounds cheap to me, laws can be changed.
How about the UK buys the company and makes it a real "british steel" plant, owned by Britain, then we can sink loads of money into it.
Stop fitting new curbs each year and make some steel instead :)

Sponsored Links
Only in the febrile minds of people who are so utterly deluded and detached from reality that they invent utter b****cks to get upset about and then demand that the entire country embark on a path of mad economic ruin in order to satisfy their insane conspiracy theories
Do you mean like voting for a Corbyn government -thats mad economic ruin :ROFLMAO:

SteelEU.jpg

Is it not because British Steel is too small a player in the scheme of things? I heard on the radio the other day that the Chinese steel companies have produced more steel in the last year than British steel has produced in its whole lifetime. It’s a bit like a corner shop next door to a supermarket trying to compete with them on price and quantity. No chance.

Brexit is not about the economy. It's more important than that.
Funny how quitters have changed their tune...

They used to tell us we would be better off outside the EU :LOL:

Isn't it EU State Aid Regulation that stops the government helping?
Not if involves over 15,000 jobs.
And I believe it has been successfully argued in the past that 'supply chain' jobs can be included in this total.

Of course nationalisation could also be construed as state aid, but that is not prohibited by the EU either.
Another quitter EU myth that we can't nationalise/re-nationalise!

Another quitter EU myth that we can't nationalise/re-nationalise!

Its not quite as simple as that -isnt it something to do with competition rules? Although I seem to remember assets of national importance are exempt.

Is it not because British Steel is too small a player in the scheme of things? I heard on the radio the other day that the Chinese steel companies have produced more steel in the last year than British steel has produced in its whole lifetime. It’s a bit like a corner shop next door to a supermarket trying to compete with them on price and quantity. No chance.

British Steel is only 3 years old....

British Steel should be one of those British companies providing steel to British businesses, isn't that what Brexit is all about?

How is it that I could get a Chinese RSJ into my house cheaper than I could get a British RSJ in there?

That is bonkers isn't it? Would have cost more if it had to be carried!

British Steel is only 3 years old....

British Steel should be one of those British companies providing steel to British businesses, isn't that what Brexit is all about?

I don't recall the Brexers saying that in their manifesto. Do you?

They told us we would have access to the Single Market, a free trade deal with the EU, and keep out foreigners.

Was any of that true?

Sponsored Links
Back