Broadband & Telephone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be moving soon, trying to sort out where to get my BB from.
Why do all the different companies, give prices, like free for 6mths then £x, then you see extra line rental etc.
Its a mine field out there.
Currently with Virgin fibre optic, they dont supply where I am going, hence looking for new supplier. I would like to think I know what Im doing, but Im confused.

Sponsored Links
i am with talk talk not every bodies cup off tea but have served me well for over 10 years
yes indian call centers 2 or 3 problems sorted fairly easily

i pay line rental up front anually £114 or £9.50 a month instead off around £14 each month

my monthly bill £17.50 plus line rental
for that i get unlimmited broadband free 24/7 landline calls including o845 numbers
plus 100 mins to mobiles for a further £2 you can have 500 mins

if you dont want mobiles thats £3 less

so my package is £27 or £32 paying line rental monthly with the bill

I will be moving soon, trying to sort out where to get my BB from.
Why do all the different companies, give prices, like free for 6mths then £x, then you see extra line rental etc.
Its a mine field out there.
Currently with Virgin fibre optic, they dont supply where I am going, hence looking for new supplier. I would like to think I know what Im doing, but Im confused.

If you were looking for a new TV supplier too, I can get you 12 months half price on TV and BB&T from Sky.

TV will use freeview till I get the property sorted, I have SkyGo, friends user details, may not be much good where Im going though.
All I want is BB, What with mobiles these days dont need fixed line, but thats part of the deal.
When I think what I get from Virgin for £40

Sponsored Links
I had an online chat to a Talk Talk agent yesterday evening complaining about the constant problems I encounter and how I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. To my amazement, she totally agreed with me.
:eek:

Talktalk / aol customer services have a very bad reputation for customer service, I know a few people who have moved elsewhere after having the misfortune of having to call them and going around in circles forever in foreign call centres.
I am have a problem with my broadband speed being absolutely rubbish at peak times - usually less than 1Mbps.
I emailed them and got a response of moving my router closer to my master socket. I fail to see - from an engineering point of view how this will make any difference (and my master socket is half way up a staircase). It is fine if I try it at say 5am (around 6Mbps) and am paying for an 8Mbps package.

Couple of years ago, I paid £25 p.m. to BT for phone, and £10 to Tal Talk for BB.

I now pay Plusnet only £25 p.m. for the whole lot. Decent customer service too.

Sponsored Links
Back