Free Broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you can get on the website (getting hammered at the mo.)
www.talktalk.co.uk is throwing in free Broadband if you take them up on their Talk 3 International Plan.

Cost is £11 for BT line rental (not extra as you already pay this)
£9.99 for Call Plan
£29.99 one off connection charge
£free broadband up to 8meg with 40Gig a month usage.

Where do I sign!
:D :D

Sponsored Links
Doc Lenny said:
www.talktalk.co.uk is throwing in free Broadband if you take them up on their Talk 3 International Plan.

£9.99 for Call Plan

Where do I sign!

got myself signed up i just loved it to ear telewest squirm .........
they said is there anyway we could keep you as a costomer i said yes give me the same package .........rrrrrrrrrrrrrwe cant do it they said i said ok goodbye and gave in my one months notice.

i also said just shows how much money you have ripped me off with over the years.

they went on and on and on please dont leave ha ha ha ha
just watch the prices fall now...this is going to be fun...

PS FORGOT TO TELL YOU 10 mins later after cancelling my phone and net my p.c internet as slowed right down and i was also sent a virus hee hee hee

might as well stay put as everyone will eventually come into line, remember when it all started? otherwise I'll lose my email address and stuff. good news tho :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
Not free in my area it's £10 a month as BT still controls the lines :cry:

what do you mean you must have a bt line anyway

the cost are £20.99 this includes free 8mg internet and talk unlimited to all land lines including the line rental

just had a call from telewest after cancelling my phone and internet and now they say they can offer me the same package as talk talk £20.99

Brightness said:
the lines are owned and maintained by bt, but you can buy the services over the phone lines from anyone.

Do Kingston comms still have a monopoly in the Humber area?

Doc Lenny said:

£9.99 for Call Plan

Where do I sign!

It would cost me money to do that. We pay about £11 line rental with bt but only about £3 in calls as calls are dirt cheap and we use mobiles a lot. I pay at home £7.99 for broadband, which was reduced after threatening to leave them. So taking the connection charge into account it wouldn't be worth it.

B.O.B DOLE said:
Brightness said:

what do you mean you must have a bt line anyway

the cost are £20.99 this includes free 8mg internet and talk unlimited to all land lines including the line rental

Well that's what I thought Bob. I went on the site and put my phone number in etc and up came a page saying that I would have to pay £10 a month for broadband in my area as it was all controled by BT. We don't have Telewest or NTL or anything round here though so might be that, i don't know - it's just what it said on the site. I was going to go for it too as I'm looking at ways of cutting costs seeing as I am not working.

Local exchanges are supposedly being 'unbundled' so that you aren't forced to pay BT for your line rental any more. AFAIK, its a fairly slow process, so this deal isn't available everywhere, but when it does kick in the £20.99 does include line rental as well as broadband and free national and international calls.

It is a really good deal at the moment but, as said above, don't rush to be tied into an 18 month contract just yet, as this is just the starting gun in a new price war.

all seems to good to be true to me they suddenly offer free internet free local a free international calls to 28 countries!!!!!!
for £10 a month plus line rental

and dont forget as well as th£30 sighn up fee your tied in for 18 months with a £70 early disconection fee

it could of course be the bargain off the century we shall wait and see ;)

I just got the page up again and it says - Sorry free broadband is not available in your area ...Because BT still controls your telephone exchange and we have to connect you through their equipment, we can't offer you broadband for free.However, we can offer you high-speed broadband at the great price of just £10 per month, when you sign up to our Talk3 international calling plan.

This would be £9.99 a mth for Talk 3
£11 a mth for line rental
& £10 a mth for Broadband

I might as well stick with BT line rental, Tesco for calls & wanadoo broadband - flipping typical it's not here yet.

I seem to remember that when all these services went private they created all these wot people like offwot to protect us from being overly ripped off by the new order and I believe these people are extremely well paid but they don't seem to be doing their jobs I mean BT seems to just carry on regardless of all around them with no fear of these fonewot people. :evil:

Poshman, if you use your phone a lot then try Tesco home phone for your calls. I pay BT £11 a mth for option 1 & then get unlimited calls anywhere in the UK at any time from Tesco. Just had my 3 mth bill from them and it was just over £48. I know it works out at £81 a quarter for all that BUT my hubby works from home sometimes and when he does he's never off the phone.

When I was with BT my bills were over £100 a quarter :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back