Brother in Law died, but helped 4 people

J

joinerjohn

My brother in law died on Saturday. Apparently his death has helped four other people gain some quality to their lives through organ donation. Heart, both kidneys and liver, have all helped others live.

How do others feel about organ donation?.

I personally think it's a great thing to do. The final act in being a benefit to others.
RIP Bob Chambers, your an inspiration to us all. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that John but very uplifting to hear about his organ donation. Hopefully all of his organ recipients will do well.

Well done Bob.

Everyone should carry "the card", you just gotta do it.

There are very few reasons not to, and thousands of reasons why you should.

Sorry to hear of your loss, but a final noble gesture, to provide life to those that desperately need it, for more time with their loved ones.

How do others feel about organ donation?.

You ask the question, so expect an answer.

I think a baby borne severely disabled, needing care, for an infinate time, the machine should be shut down.

I think an elderly person, should be allowed to pass away, and not be unnaturally fed, and kept alive by mechanical means.

We have a growing elderly population, 62 millions people in 2011, 30 million in 1900, populus, even though in 1900 most people had 10-15 children? But balance that with sustainability. Modern Science can keep us alive, but it isn't sustainable. people die.

My brother was in a life and death situation, where the ventilator needed to be turned off, were his injuries, better to kill him off, or let him live? The ventilator was turned off, he survived, but had many years of depression, and tried to take his own life, due to being tetraplegic, but eventually recovered to a state of skiing in Switzerland, on holiday in America, some concept of living life, as, had he died, my parents would probably have died, as they lost a prior son to suicide.

Modern Science keeps people alive, do we need that? Or breed more? Both are happening, and are unsustainable.

Sponsored Links
Almost everyone will accept an organ but not all donate them.

I registered on-line to donate anything and everything that may be of use to others. Why haven't you?

Firstly commiserations joinerjohn, loss of someone close is never easy to accept.

I would happily support a complete 180 degree change in the law; i.e. you must register if you DO NOT want your organs to be used in donation to help others rather than give permission for them to be harvested. Both my wife & I have been registered donors for as long as I can remember; what the hell use to you is any healthy part of your body once a duff dependant organ, your carelessness or some lunatic has caused your demise! ;)

Firstly commiserations joinerjohn, loss of someone close is never easy to accept.

I would happily support a complete 180 degree change in the law; i.e. you must register if you DO NOT want your organs to be used in donation to help others rather than give permission for them to be harvested. Both my wife & I have been registered donors for as long as I can remember; what the hell use to you is any healthy part of your body once a duff dependant organ, your carelessness or some lunatic has caused your demise! ;)

would you want mine

Almost everyone will accept an organ but not all donate them.

I registered on-line to donate anything and everything that may be of use to others. Why haven't you?

you can only leave your brain. joe.;. :D in gravy...

Condolences op for your loss.

Personally I'd leave the choice of the donation of organs up to the next of kin since it's they who will have to live and come to terms with the concept that there are still bits of their loved one out there somewhere "alive and kicking" for want of a far better phrase :confused:

Edit - typo spelling error

Friends of ours lost a son called james when he was just sixteen he died shortly after a motor bike accident in 1997.

His parents found the strength from somewhere to enable them to donate his organs, eyes, skin from his back and bones from his legs. I know I couldn't do that. Those that can, I can only applaud their actions.

It makes sense to do that. At least he lives on in some small way - still in the same universe.

JJ
Sorry to hear about the loss of brother-in-law Bob. :cry:
But what he has been in death is commendable.
To be honest something I have never fancied doing, don't know why, just don't fancy someone poking around and chopping bits out, just as I am about to come back around again.
The Missus is leaving herself to medical science, now that will be interesting!

I guess you won't accept chopped off bits either then?

Sponsored Links
Back