Brother in Law died, but helped 4 people

sorry to hear of your loss john,

im with richard c on this,i think it should be an auto matic right that any organ if sound should be used,i think if this became the norm then it wouldnt affect the people left behind as much as asking them to do it.

and if i and others havnt already had a crap start to the new year,
well my bro in laws nan was found dead on sunday,turns out she had a brain aneurism and died late saturday afternoon,sister in law has been told that she didnt even feel it,which in some solace is good,basically the lights where turned off.what a way to go,no suffering.still a bloody shock though.

rip gwen.

and all others at this time of year.

Sponsored Links
Im sorry to hear about your brother but I feel that donating to save other lives is something worth doing.

Sponsored Links
my sincere condolences, re organ donor, i carry the card and have done for about 30yrs since i started giving blood, i am rhesus negative so was also on the "platelets Register" and bone marrow register, till i was over 40 (too old :cry: ) which meant going to give blood every 10 weeks for someone who had leukemia, as the only needed platelets they took the blood out one arm, removed the platelets then put it back in the other arm, it regenerated every 6 weeks ( i think, cant remember)
my dad died 20yrs ago and donated, it was a very sad but proud time, 5yrs after that we and many hundred of people got invited to a presentation for relatives of donors in Glasgow, where my mum got presented with a big bunch of flowers,
however did you all know that even if you have a card they wont take anything until they ask your next of kin, so in effect you have a card and your next of kin doesnt, and after you die your next of kin refuses, end of discussion they cant take anything,

i personally want to thank everyone who is or has been a donar, if no one donated i would have mised out on the last 24 years with my dad.
he needed a new kidney 24 years ago and luckily managed to get one but with a life expectancy of 7 years. it finally packed up after 24 years and sadly he passed. but as i said if it wassnt for donars i would never of had those years.
condolanceys JJ

It is nice that your brother in law lives on in other people.

Hope your sister and family are bearing up ok.

:)

Back