Brown in history books

Do you want Brown and his croonies to ruin the country further?

• yes

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • no

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
And that is the optimistic figure.
It would be entertaining to see you being pessimistic
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Am merely quoting the "experts"
As far as I am concerned the only thing that is sure, is that the trend will not turn drastically in the next 3 months.
Nobody knows where we will be in a year; we could just as well have another 500,000 more on the dole, as 2 million.

Same as houseprices.
My theory is that between highs and lows, they average out at about inflation plus 1 or 2% a year. That would mean the market will bottom out at about 170% of the year 2000 prices.
"Experts" first said: slower increase. Then: even out. Then: 5% correction. Then 10. Then 20.
So far they have been falling non-stop for about 18 months. The stamp duty brought little difference.
Dito for the government guarantee scheme which had so far had 0 (literally) takers.
The key factor is:sentiment; in other words, it is art, not science.

Am merely quoting the "experts"
no, you're saying the things that appeal to you.

In case you missed it John, my tax went up too, my profit is down too, my expenses are up too, and I will be one of the people paying the bill for all this, for years to come.
Not a lot there that appeals to me mate; I am one of those who are grabbing their ankles.

Sponsored Links
Economy, we haven't had one for years. Our wealth has been built on inflated house prices and the ability to borrow on plastic or loans. This country no longer makes anything to sell. The only earnings we have had have been invisibles, banks charging a fee for shuffling bits of paper around and being taxed on these fees, no bank shuffling equals no taxes. If we as a nation have to tighten our collective belts then get rid of the bean counters and paper shufflers in the public sector and save us the cost of their salaries, pensions and perks. Surely the NHS doesn't need more of these creatures than its got beds for them to manage. If they need the work there are plenty of vacancies for nurses, unfortunately that means working shifts, weekends and getting your hands dirty and we can't have that now.
If we want to know where the U.S subprime market came from, its a result of p.c inclusive madness. To have a nice equal society they had to let those not currently attached to the great american dream, i.e the poor and dispossessed (blacks to you and me) gain access to funds so they could buy their own properties, be thereby included and less likely to complain, whine and steal. The nice white liberals can then go about their business with a nice inner glow of brotherhood and equal rights. However they didn't include in the equation that the poor and dispossessed would take the money and not pay it back either because they couldn't or wouldn't being generally irresponsible. Multiply this a few hundred of thousand of times, let the banks off load this bad debt all over and no one can say anything because if you do you would be a racist and its far better to allow the banking system to collapse than be called that.
And lastly we are told the banks don't have any money left so who exactly are we borrowing these billions from?

I think labour only had little more than 33% of the electorate at the last election to gain power. The public sector is now primed, the foreigners are primed , that only leaves the dole scroungers , single mums and dead beats and you are well above 33%.
My next vote will be next to Sinn Fein at the ballot box.
Stick that in your pipe brown and smoke it. :rolleyes:

Some good posts but I doubt very much that Cameron and his cronies will do better!

Gordon has chosen to allow this country to borrow 175 billion in order to spend his way out of this recession which will put this country back years :eek: .

I remember him crowing a few yrs ago how he had paid back more national debt than any other chancellor!

Darling has a massive job to raise all those billions needed to run the country and he will be damned whatever he does! :rolleyes:

Darling has a massive job to raise all those billions needed to run the country and he will be damned whatever he does! :rolleyes:

It's not difficult for government ministers to raise taxes.
The ones who will face the difficulties are the hard working people forced to hand over even greater amounts of their hard earned cash at a time when they need it most.

I think labour only had little more than 33% of the electorate at the last election to gain power. The public sector is now primed, the foreigners are primed , that only leaves the dole scroungers , single mums and dead beats and you are well above 33%.
My next vote will be next to Sinn Fein at the ballot box.
Stick that in your pipe brown and smoke it. :rolleyes:

Actually, if only the votes in England were counted, the Tories would have been in power. So much for democracy.

The % of votes they got was only about 25%.

It's not difficult for government ministers to raise taxes.
The ones who will face the difficulties are the hard working people forced to hand over even greater amounts of their hard earned cash at a time when they need it most.

Exactly my point.
What we need is FEWER laws, LESS regulation, FEWER rules, LESS tax, and FEWER, and I mean a LOT FEWER civics, doing nothing useful, earning more for doing sfa than we do and retiring with a bigger pension than most of us.
What we need is commercial companies that produce goods or services that people want and need.

only those earning a lot will pay extra tax
Hardly.
They either move to another more taxfriendly base, or their topnotch accountant designs a nice taxfriendly deduction.
Look at the settlement of the Harrod's owner got. Was it not something like 50 grand out of an attempted 14 million?

The above posts were saying we all will be paying more tax

Not true only those earning a lot will

The above posts were saying we all will be paying more tax

Not true only those earning a lot will

Did you forget the 10%band being scrapped so now 20% is the bottom rung?
The compensation measures are only temporary. When they end, your lowest level will have doubled. It is rather shortsighted to think that those with a good career will just hand over the money to those who choose not to.
Do you not pay: fuel duty, council tax, parking tax, road tax, alcohol duty, tobacco, sugar?
This government has increased well over 100 stealth taxes collecting far more from low level earners than from top earners.
Ironically, the low earners by and large don't notice as they are too busy watching tv to inform themselves properly.
Simple example?
3 increases in fuel tax in one year, Brown really does not care as he is moving about in a chauffeur driven car. Paid for by you obviously.

As with all Nu-Labour budgets the devils in the detail,NI contributions being set to rise by 0.5% in 2011 is one that`s not shouted from the rooftops, maybe this is because it could possibly go higher by the time 2011 comes around.

Sponsored Links
Back