Brown in history books

Do you want Brown and his croonies to ruin the country further?

• yes

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • no

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you forget the 10%band being scrapped so now 20% is the bottom rung?
The compensation measures are only temporary. When they end, your lowest level will have doubled. It is rather shortsighted to think that those with a good career will just hand over the money to those who choose not to.
Do you not pay: fuel duty, council tax, parking tax, road tax, alcohol duty, tobacco, sugar?
This government has increased well over 100 stealth taxes collecting far more from low level earners than from top earners.
Ironically, the low earners by and large don't notice as they are too busy watching tv to inform themselves properly.
Simple example?
3 increases in fuel tax in one year, Brown really does not care as he is moving about in a chauffeur driven car. Paid for by you obviously.
Ah yes that good old tory invention the stealth tax, what ever made you think that labour had invented it??

Sponsored Links
As with all Nu-Labour budgets the devils in the detail,NI contributions being set to rise by 0.5% in 2011 is one that`s not shouted from the rooftops, maybe this is because it could possibly go higher by the time 2011 comes around.
What do you mean : "possibly"?
Are we taking bets?

Labour have invented precious little, what they have done is perfecting the art of taxing a society to death.
For all the supposed taxing that labour have done I am far better off now than I ever was with the tories so they cant be doing all that bad as you make them out to be.

Sponsored Links
Labour have invented precious little, what they have done is perfecting the art of taxing a society to death.
For all the supposed taxing that labour have done I am far better off now than I ever was with the tories so they cant be doing all that bad as you make them out to be.

That would suggest that a large part of your income, if not all, is supplied by the state's coffers.
Either that, or you are not to great at basic calculus.

I shouldn't really but.....

Stoking fires part 1.

One thinks there seems a better class of Tramp on the streets these days. :evil:

kscn772l.jpg

That would suggest that a large part of your income, if not all, is supplied by the state's coffers.

From what I know of Tim, you're guess-timates are WAY OUT!

If you cannot accept that some will not agree with your Political views Ben, then live with it man.

Who has done the most damage to this country,it wasn't Saddam who flooded this country with foreigners or signed up to this human rights crap, yet it is poor old Saddam who is resting in pieces in Iraq, i think they got the wrong man.

Personally I hope too see bliar in the docks one day for his illegal war in Iraq , prosecuted and jailed.
He could write his memoirs (lies) from behind bars.
:LOL:

Personally I hope too see bliar in the docks one day for his illegal war in Iraq , prosecuted and jailed.
He could write his memoirs (lies) from behind bars.
:LOL:
Not going to happen, no matter how much most people want it.

That's good to know Tim.
The staggering total of Britain's national debt which has spiralled out of control under nu labour (or should we blame the tories) stands at around £2trillion.
That represents £33,000 for every man, woman and child in the country.
I trust you have enough put by to pay off your share. ;)

wrong on both counts
:rolleyes:
Now that is not a really surprising answer, is it?

So what is it that you are spending your 40 hours a week doing?
I find it really intriguing as I can not think of a single industry in the private sector where people are significantly better off, unless they get a fair bit of top ups in the form of tax credits, housing benefit, child benefit, of whatever other way this government "redistributes" things.
I can honestly only think of one group that gets more than ever; those who have found out how to play the system, and get given a million quid house without doing so much as a day's work in the entire year.
Be a pal Tim, educate a simpleton.

Be a pal Tim, educate a simpleton.
Strange that you insult yourself in that way? :eek: , hope its not over anything I have said as I've not been abusive in any way towards you or directed my comments to you, just stating facts that I live much better off under this government than with past ones, its as simple as that!

The above posts were saying we all will be paying more tax

Not true only those earning a lot will

There are comparatively few high earners: so no, it won't be just them who have to pay more because it doesn't bring in the revenue. Taxing them more is likely to cost more money than it brings in (according to the independent Institute for Fiscal Studies). It's been shown in the past (by Nigel Lawson) that lowering the rate of tax on higher earners increases tax revenue.

It's the poorer people who will be paying more tax, simply because there are far more of them. It started with the increase of the lowest rate from 10% to 20%. Next we have the increase in National Insurance tax, with plenty more to come. These are burdens which will fall harder on low-income people than on the rich.

Labour always leave the economy in a mess; they always leave misery, and wreck the country. Why does anyone vote for them?

(Why did four people, at the time of posting, vote here for Brown to ruin the country even more? Some kind of ironic gesture?)

Wrong on both counts.
Nobody had been abusive in this threat.
Not an insult to be simple, nothing wrong with it.
The private part of my industry had badly suffered from this government's actions, so if you are better off now, I would be very interested to find out if a career change is feasible.
Hence my question: what do you do for a living?

Sponsored Links
Back