Builders fired

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just fired my two builders after months of misery and delays. I won’t get into details.

The thing is that the builders purchased several tools ( blow torch, trestle, tape measurers, spirit levels etc)and sneaked them into the materials invoices. We were planning to deduct the value of these tools when we were going to pay them the last day of work but now that they have been fired it is a bit more tricky. They left several tools in my garage and was considering hold them as ransom until they pay me the money that they own me.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Sponsored Links
Depending on the cost of the tools, I would just move on. Chances are they wont come back for their stuff anyway and charge it to the next victim.

Just itemise them on a 'final account valuation' - which will be a document detailing what you believe is owed from the work completed, materials paid for and other costs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back