Building Control Sign Off on i-frame installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I had a structural engineer create drawings for a gap of 1m, however our builder actually said that he could go the full 2m wide, so we did that.

He has now advised that we shouldn't call Building Control to come around until the iframe is plastered as it wasn't in our original plans.

Feeling a bit concerned about this - what could Building Control do and will leaving it until its plastered actually help??

Also one more quick question - the builder said if we screeded the floor it would be 8 weeks before we could put a wood floor down on top of it due to the water being absorbed the wood - is this correct? Would a damp proof membrane not stop this?

Thanks in advance!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Building control may ask you for calculations to show the support is adequate for the 2m span. If I were you I'd ask your builder to provide them since he talked you into changing the spec.

The screed/floor issue is correct - or at least partially. You should not lay a timber floor on screed until it is fully dry. It can take as long as 4 weeks per 25mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back