burner pressures help

M

martineire

Can anyone help me out i just got a call the other day to service a Ulrich wandich WA 24 gas boiler, as i never have come across this boiler before i did not have a manual for it on my laptop, im aware its a polish boiler but anyway as i cant see any dataplate on it i dont know what to set my high fire and low fire burner pressures, As for when i gas rated this boiler it came out at near 27kw, its being grossly over gased. Any help

Sponsored Links
Without a data plate you don't even know if it's permitted to be used, so without a manual you certainly can't work on it.
From other things you've said it seems clear to me that you aren't competent to work on gas anyway.

Can I help you fiddle with it? I could, but won't.

I most certainly am competent to work on gas im a qualified plumber and im RGI registered. Ill guess ill have to wait to see if i can get my hands on a manual.

I most certainly am competent to work on gas im a qualified plumber and im RGI registered. Ill guess ill have to wait to see if i can get my hands on a manual.

i wont disagree that you are qualified if you say you are, i would however (in this case only) suggest you haven't done yourself any favours servicing a boiler without the MI or data badge, there is no way you can confirm you have carried out the correct tests for this appliance, and if anything went wrong your competance would be questioned, sorry if you don't agree

Sponsored Links
The problem you have is that Gas Calorific Values and working pressures vary from country to country and unless the boiler is CE marked for the country in which it is installed then it is probably illegal and you could face a RIDDOR charge for working on it BEWARE VERY AWARE!!! :eek:

Sorry men i had a look at the boiler and it actually does have a data badge (sticker) it was on the side of the boiler and the side of the boiler is sited up against a wall but i managed to peal it off to have a look, it does have a CE mark but everything is all in polish and there is notting on it related to burner pressures. The boiler was only installed about 2 years ago but obviously never commissioned. I may tell them to get the installer back because ive hit a dead end with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back