Burnt tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

I have a photograph of some burnt tails. I'de be interested in peoples opinions as to what may have caused this.

I cant load the photograph up. Can anyone advise how you do this?

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links
No. Creating accounts can put people off posting pics.

In my opinion, uploading to www.tinypic.com is easier, quicker, and no membership required.

For posting the pic to the forum.....hang on, I will see if I can link to a thread I worte about this on another forum, but which will work equally well here...

Sponsored Links
I have a photograph of some burnt tails. I'de be interested in peoples opinions as to what may have caused this.
Without seeing the photos . . .

Undersized tails on large supply
Oversized mainfuse c/w long slow overload situation
Loose connections in meter, cutout, fusebox, isolator
Overheating connections

The list goes on, but the above are the more obvious / common.

assuming it is a domestic and the tails are not insanely undersized I would imagine bad connecions are the most likley cause.

Yep. loose connection on the right hand neutral tail by the looks of things.

A good time to ditch the unnecessary henley block :D

Yup, a loose connection on the RH side. Heat as travelled up the block and also damaged the LH tail.

I am a big believer in the good old tails from meter directly to CU - No henley blocks, no isolators, nought! Loose links in the chain.....more to worong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back