business software??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am about to go self- employed in the heating trade,, got pretty much everything thought of but i cant make my mind up when it comes to software, it needs to to the obvious things . invoicing, quotes, addressbook, payments received/ outstanding , header with flexible setup ie: inserting logos that can be placed ,resized by the user.. and dont say SAGE lol i dont want to spend a bomb,, just need an application that safes me from settign every letter up from scratch any ideas out there ???

Sponsored Links
i am looking for an application that pulls customer addresses automaticly into invoices / quotes and so on with out me cutting and pasting my socks off lol,, words is ggood for letters but i want all in 1 program that is already configured. having a look at DIRECT ADMIN at the moment BUT it has configuring problems ie: i cannot upload a logo and stick it where i want,,,,

Sound like you could be looking for Sliq Easy Invoicing & Quoting

http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/

Very good and they will even customise the invoice layouts for you at reasonable prices. No connection, just satisfied customer.

Sponsored Links
I'm using Mamut (the rather extended version with admin and webshop etc).
However, we started with Mamut CRM & Sales version only (and added functions to it when we needed them)

CRM & Sales Start £ 79.00.
Does all you want to do: quotes, sales, payments received, outstanding etc plus editing all templates for invoices.
Great little program that can be extended when needed.

Quickbooks is good, easier to use than Sage, great for customer databses and profit reports. You can easily email quotes to customers using it too.

When I worked with Quickbooks it was not possible to change quotes into a sales invoice, not sure if that's stil the case?

thanks for your replies.. i will take at look at your suggestions and hopefully make my mind up before i retire lolz

I use Sage Instant Business Plus suite. I don't regard it as expensive :confused:

£220 for Instant Accounts, Instant Payroll and Sage ACT 9 database, all link very nicely together.

I do have a self built database in Access that produces service reminders on demand, I haven't had the time to set up ACT 9 to do all this yet.

Sage also offer 6 month interest free payment terms, which is a big help ;)

I think the OP needs this software to have a spell checka and gramma functions too - otherwise the quotes/invoices are not going to get to the correct address

;)

Microsoft Office Accounting is free and intergrates with Outlook for contact merging and allows for customised forms

I have, in the past, used Sage.

I now use a simple invoice pad and good old pen and paper. I use the simple accounts spreadsheet I mentioned above. All nice and simple and stress free. One can over complicate things, especially if computers are not your thing.

don't use SAGE unless you like tearing your hair out, it's to complicated for it's own good

quick books claims to do quote to invoice but my experience of it was that it didn't work took it back to PC World and got a refund

i use manual invoice pads printed locally (A4 with carbonless counter copy)
and do accounts on an Excel Spreadsheet easy once you get the hang of it works out vat, profit, costs etc.

don't use SAGE unless you like tearing your hair out, it's to complicated for it's own good

Can't agree with that Kev, one of the easiest software packages I've ever used.

As most accountants use it as well, all you have to do is give them a cd or memory stick with your accounts on at the end of the year and they will work from that.

Sponsored Links
Back