Buying a table saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a good table saw under £700 including slide table.
Currently I found 2 main candiates:
SIP 01332 and Record Power TSPP250.
Can you recomand me others or help me choose between the too?
Ronen

Sponsored Links
If you look around the scheppach 2010 with stand, sliding carrage,outfeed table and side extension table can be had for under £700. Also on the UKworkshop site someone has an as new Electra Beckum PKF255 for sale at that price (save £1000)

Jason

Both the SIP and the Record are cast iron table saws but neither comes with a sliding carriage.
They are heavyweight machines and need a large workshop.
For about £700 saws with sliding carriages and extension tables for wider ripping would be the Sheppach 2010, Electra Beckum PK200 and the Kity 419.

Sponsored Links
Dewy
Thanks for you replay.
Record Power TSPP250 has a sliding carriage. But the machan doesn't look solid.
SIP has a new sliding carriage that will be introduced this May for (£240)
My problem with Scheppach that it is not eavy and I am not sure I can cut a full sheet of 4x8 safely. Do you have any expirence with the Scheppach 2010?
Regards
Ronen

You realy don't want to put a full 8x4 over any of these machines is it is much more than 6mm thick, even then you would want outfeed rollers or a helper.

Use a circular saw and straight edge to cut the boards to managable size then dimension on the saw. I have a kity bestcpombi 2000 and I use this method without problems.

Jason

i agree with jason circular saw and strait edge are best ;)

you also need to keep in mind you need in excess of 20ft or 6m of clear run 8ft before and after the table table width plus a clear area to stand whilst manoovering the board

and you try and hold a large heavy board tight to the fence whilst pushing it through it isnt easy ;)

Thanks both for the advice.
I will go for a small saw.
Which one would you choose: TS2010 or the Kity 419?
Regards,
Ronen

Both the Kity419 and the Sheppach TS2010 are good table saws.
Since Kity was taken over by Sheppach this year they are both imported by NMA (agencies) Ltd
Both have induction motors so will last longer with no brushes to replace.
At the moment the TS2010 is on offer by NMA at £699 and for a limited period it comes with a table length extension (normally £49)

Tel 01484 400488

website www.nmauk.com

The advert for the TS2010 is in all the latest woodworking magazines

Dewy,
Thanks for your answer.
I look at the 2010 and I like it.
The only concern I have is the max riping width with table extension is 480mm. It will limited the type of work I can do with.
The Kity can go up to 750mm

WHat is you view?
Ronen

I was sold on the Kity until I saw the new Sheppach recently.
It has been introduced as a cheaper option because the other Sheppach table saws have been upgraded with cast iron tables.
The choice is now between the Kity419, Sheppach ts2010 or the Electra Beckum PK200.
They are all a similar price with the 419 & TS2010 having the edge because of their induction motors which run quieter for home workshop use so they dont annoy the neighbours as much.
I hadn't see the ripping width of the Kity although I have never needed to rip anything as wide as 750mm
I always use a circular saw and straight edge to cut sheet materials.
Either are a lot better than the maximum rip width of approx 10" (254mm) on the small saw I have at present.

i know you yanks are not the sharpest tools in the box, but if you look at the date of the first post it was five years ago :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back