• Two

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • One

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is the purpose of the congestion charge?

What is the purpose of the ULEZ or ULEX expansion?
Dont you know how to use Google? Allegedly for noise and pollution or traffic reducing but in reality - Money raising.

Sponsored Links
Money raising.

So it's a consumption tax to alter peoples behaviours.

Should this behaviour be altered - compare it to duty on alcohol and tobacco.

The point you need to consider are the externalities of your decision - the costs you pass onto others that they cannot recover from you.

Pollution is one of the primary externalities.

How would you improve the air quality and congestion in London?

So it's a consumption tax to alter peoples behaviours.

Should this behaviour be altered - compare it to duty on alcohol and tobacco.

The point you need to consider are the externalities of your decision - the costs you pass onto others that they cannot recover from you.

Pollution is one of the primary externalities.

How would you improve the air quality and congestion in London?
Perhaps you should start your own thread on those topics. I’ll not be responding to any more of your off-topic posts in this by-election thread.

Perhaps you should start your own thread on those topics. I’ll not be responding to any more of your off-topic posts in this by-election thread.

Yet this by election loss in Uxbridge was mainly due to views on the congestion charge so it is relevant.

Sponsored Links
Yet this by election loss in Uxbridge was mainly due to views on the congestion charge so it is relevant.
So STFU about tobacco, alcohol and sugar tax. It's **** all to do with congestion charge either you idiot. Uxbridge is not even in the congestion charging area. It’s about the expansion of the ULEZ.

I'm not even going to respond to anything further from you in this thread, you argumentative waste of space!

Last edited:
Former care workers don't count then?

How many of them are in parliament than ??

How many former trades people are in parliament than ?

How many people that have actually got there hands dirty and grafted for a living are there

Yes exactly

How many people that have actually got there hands dirty and grafted for a living are there

Like gnat's comments this week, disparaging those who work from home, you fail to appreciate that the world has moved on, immensely so in the last five years.

To measure productivity, worth, and work through blisters and sweat is becoming less and less valid (and for a developed economy, probably for the best).

My daughter works from home and if she is to be believed she sees the downside not sure why you can't.
Anyway in a global world they're only opening themselves up to being sacked and workers overseas doing the job for less money.

Anyway in a global world they're only opening themselves up to being sacked and workers overseas doing the job for less money.

Are you really that stupid?

Actually, save yourself the embarrassment, and don't confirm that you are by replying. (y)

My daughter works from home and if she is to be believed she sees the downside not sure why you can't.
There are downsides, but many more upsides. Productivity increases prove that is the case.

My daughter sees the upside when she drops the kids off at school, not sure the those hanging on the telephone quite see it in the same manner.
Mind you it's not all beer and skittles, the line between working hours and when you knock off are becoming increasingly blurred. This is where increasing productivity might come in where employers push their luck.

It's an open forum, you stroppy arris
..with specific threads.

This thread is about a by-election, the result of which in one outer London borough was affected by the ULEZ expansion. Do you think that throwing in the central London congestion charge, tax on alcohol and tobacco plus sugar tax are in any way relevant to the thread or do you see that as an idiot constantly trying to derail it and cause an argument because that’s what I'm seeing and if I don’t want to engage with that idiot, I won’t and I’ll tell him why, but thank you for your valuable contribution.

Sponsored Links
Back