Cabinet clearout - a good start.

Remember a few months back the Leavers on here were crowing that the Right Wing parties would take over the EU after the election and it would be the beginning of the end of the EU.

Strange how all these anti EU parties have dialed back their rhetoric after they have gained new MEPs and don't talk about exiting the EU.

What Brexit made clear is that all the smooth running of trade had rules and regulations we all benefited but didnt really appreciate, now that people know more about it and the consequences of leaving they have quitened down.

However in the UK, the quitters have tapped into a rich vein of nationalism and pride and used that to manufacture consent for economic disaster which will end up with greater inequality and none of the issues which precipitated this mess being addressed.
In all honesty, I don't remember that on here, but I tend to skip a lot of this brexit stuff as it's mainly the same thing over and over again. Lots of opinions, not a lot of facts :LOL:

A lot of people voted out because of nationalism didn't they? I guess it's a hard stance to give up regardless of consequences. People are odd!

Sponsored Links
Okay, okay, I’ll change it. If I was the EU, I’d be pooping myself as it’s looking like the new cabinet are all going to be singing from the same hymn sheet and are not a load of lily-livered remainers like the last lot who ignored the wishes of the majority.
That's better, grins!
However I've yet to read that the EU are going to suffer as much as the UK when we leave, and all the stuff that has come out of those EU meetings was 'whatever UK, sorry you're leaving but just get on with it'. I would be surprised if they give two hoots if we've now a few more MP's who are willing to leave the EU.

That's better, grins!
However I've yet to read that the EU are going to suffer as much as the UK when we leave, and all the stuff that has come out of those EU meetings was 'whatever UK, sorry you're leaving but just get on with it'. I would be surprised if they give two hoots if we've now a few more MP's who are willing to leave the EU.

Have you not got it by now.

All we needed was a bit more of that British Spirit from those "Carry on" movies and we will tell those EU Scamps to sod off.

The rhetoric coming out of EU and Ireland had increased in the past few weeks, presumably as they realised the prospect of Boris winning and a no deal was real.

Now he's in, and the no deal is even more so likely - plus Boris casually dropping in the fact that we will keep the £39b, then the EU and the Irish gobshiites are stepping up their doom laden BS, because they are worried of the impact now the no deal threat is real.

Sponsored Links
I wonder when the next election will be.

It's interesting to see what has been happening to the share price of SSE, NG, Centrica and Royal Mail.

I think gasbag should invest his savings in privatised utilities.

The rhetoric coming out of EU and Ireland had increased in the past few weeks, presumably as they realised the prospect of Boris winning and a no deal was real.

Now he's in, and the no deal is even more so likely - plus Boris casually dropping in the fact that we will keep the £39b, then the EU and the Irish gobshiites are stepping up their doom laden BS, because they are worried of the impact now the no deal threat is real.

So where will the impact of a No Deal be felt the most? The Uk or the EU?

Let there be a No Deal, you can also give up the chances of a US Trade deal also, the Irish caucus will see to that.

Take Ireland out of the EU too?
Although somewhat unlikely, Boris and his clan dont give a monkeys about Ireland.

In which case they would be happy for Ireland to be reunited and stay in the EU.

That could only happen if Boris wins an election with a bigger majority and ditches the DUP.

The break up of the United Kingdom is hardly a good thing -it is yet another thing that will weaken our economy and standing in the world.

Have you not got it by now.

All we needed was a bit more of that British Spirit from those "Carry on" movies and we will tell those EU Scamps to sod off.
Jolly hocky sticks and all that :) I suppose that's more Byton.

The break up of the United Kingdom is hardly a good thing -it is yet another thing that will weaken our economy and standing in the world.
But it is what quitters probably voted for in the long run (whether they understood it or not), and quite frankly Scotland and N.I. would be better off without 'little england' should they go their own ways!

you need to look and see if there is any truth in the nonsense you spout, before you spout it.

It certainly has been hotting up in Ireland, to be sure, to be sure. Leo Varadkar is about as popular as Jeremy Corbyn at a Barmitzvah and the backstop is coming back to haunt him.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/...he-monster-called-boris-johnson-38310426.html

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/varadkars-backstop-gamble-could-cost-ireland-dearly/

Sponsored Links
Back