cables behind skirtings

Nothing wrong or dangerous with cables behind skirting boards long as they are laid flat, as in my place.

But you wrote this, in response to a post about running (t+e) cables horizontally behind skirting boards.

Your quote doesn't appear to be ASKING a question, it appears to be a STATEMENT.

Would you like to withdraw this statement?

Sponsored Links
I'm not advocating anything, I'm asking why ...
As has just been pointed out to you, you made a statement (not 'ask a question') that there was "Nothing wrong or dangerous" about the practice.
.... the only response I get is "because the regs say so". .... Seems you're too used to telling your argumentative kids "because I say so" without any other explanation.
Well, if it's true, I think that telling one's kids "because it is against the law" would be quite a good start, although I agree that, if possible (some laws are pretty daft!) it's desirable that one should also explain why it is against the law ....
None of you are able to give a reasonable explanation as to why.
I think people have - but, in any event, you should not really need to be told why the regulations do not permit a T+E cable 'concealed' in a wall to be anywhere other than in a 'safe zone'.

If you really think that is is OK for such a cable to be behind skirting (and not in any 'safe zone'), do you also believe that it's equally OK to bury it anywhere in a wall (not in a 'safe zone') that takes your fancy? If not, what you you perceive as the difference?

Kind Regards, John

By the same logic, could this poster consider a cable could be run horizontally behind a skirting board, then all the way round a door frame behind the architrave?

By the same logic, could this poster consider a cable could be run horizontally behind a skirting board, then all the way round a door frame behind the architrave?
Exactly - or, as I implied, diagonally across a whole wall.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back