Calling all Potterton Performa 24 experts- boiler not firing up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I have no hot water or heating with a loud humming noise in the boiler. A week ago, when you put the heating on or wanted hot water, the flame was not igniting. No flame failure light. Pressure fine. Switch it on and off and then it starts to work temporarily till it happens again.... no good ......called an engineer... says it’s working fine and he can’t guess at what part to replace .... goes away.... few days later, it breaks down completely with a really loud humming noise in the boiler. No appointment for 3 days I have young kids and a very cold house as heating been off for a week now. Rightgas Engineer will be coming on the weekend and most probably won’t have the part! Anyone wanting the job?!

Sponsored Links
I would take a guess at a stuck fan but as you said you need someone out to look at it, you might have more success on here if you put whereabouts in the country you live.(n)

Sponsored Links
Ok so I was told the fan needs changing as bearings have gone ... but also few leaks here and there in the boiler..... heat exchanger, changed 3 years ago and pump ‍♀️

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back