can a boiler go in a cupboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my parents have just moved into a new house and im going to put a new kitchen in soon. at the moment the boiler is on a wall the will be coming down so its got to be moved. we want to put it in the airing cupboard which is about 18" away from its current location. its a large cupboard, floor to ceiling height, about 1m wide and about 0.5m deep. the central heating is a gravity fed system if that matters?! would it allowed to go in the cupboard and would anyone have a very rough idea of how much this is going to cost?

cheers
tom

Sponsored Links
hi, my parents have just moved into a new house and im going to put a new kitchen in soon. at the moment the boiler is on a wall the will be coming down so its got to be moved. we want to put it in the airing cupboard which is about 18" away from its current location. its a large cupboard, floor to ceiling height, about 1m wide and about 0.5m deep. the central heating is a gravity fed system if that matters?! would it allowed to go in the cupboard

Look at the manufacturers instructions re compartment ventilation.

and would anyone have a very rough idea of how much this is going to cost?

This site is for help with DIY - not a price comparison site.

Mr. W.

Without specific information, we can not give specific answers, apart from: we do not give price indications.

hi, my parents have just moved into a new house and im going to put a new kitchen in soon. at the moment the boiler is on a wall the will be coming down so its got to be moved. we want to put it in the airing cupboard which is about 18" away from its current location. its a large cupboard, floor to ceiling height, about 1m wide and about 0.5m deep. the central heating is a gravity fed system if that matters?! would it allowed to go in the cupboard

Look at the manufacturers instructions re compartment ventilation.

and would anyone have a very rough idea of how much this is going to cost?

This site is for help with DIY - not a price comparison site.

Mr. W.

thanks for the answer re the instructions. unfortunatly its an old boiler with no instructions.

im aware that its not a price comparison site. i was hoping that someone would have given me an indication that was all. if someone said "oh thats easy it wont cost much at all" or "thats a massive job it'll cost a fortune" then that would have been great and its something that is asked on this site quite regularly. i'm not after a quote for the job i just didnt want to get ripped off and to decide wether or not its worth looking into

Sponsored Links
Can you provide us with the make and model of the boiler. I may have a manuel here in the office.

Mr. W.

If nothing else; the make / model would enable you (or others) to google for the manual. Without guidelines for ventilation and clearance, not many would be prepared to move it.
Some (older) boilers take air from the room, so probably can't be in a small enclosed space, at least without extra vents. Balanced flues (generally newer) bring in their own.
If it's really so old, perhaps considering a newer more efficient installation would be better, as you'll already be paying the same labour etc. costs for moving as for a new install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back