Can anyone help me, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago, I got Gatso'd...trouble is, I can't remember exactly when it was. And I have no paper record of it. :oops:

EPSN0004.jpg

I avoided points by going on a speed awareness course.

Last week I got got Gatso'd again....I have been offered another course and would like to avoid the points.

The only stipulation is that 36 months has to have elapsed since my last SAC.

My image manipulation software is not sharp enough to make out the data in the photo.

Can anyone see a date??

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsored Links
have you looked at the Properties of the source image?

Sponsored Links
Quick thinking, Fido!

However, it was a photo of an image printed on standard 80gsm paper, so I understand the res is not there...that's why I'm struggling!!

I have had some success by brightening the colours & mucking about with brightness & contrast.

I'm looking at the yellow digits underneath the LCD screen.

In terms of the data I can decipher, the top row of numbers is my speed, I can remember that much. 036mph.

Then underneath that on the left is a row of what looks like 4 1's.

Then there are two undecipherable characters.

Then there are 6 more digits to the right of that. Is that the date?

If so, can anyone confirm it?

EDIT: John, just read your post.

It can't be a "1", as the row of "1"'s next to what I think is the date are slightly different in shape.

Thanks for your help.;)

Cheers guys!!

So if I got caught on 24/07/08, then I can go on the course.

Cinders shall go to the ball....

? 0 0 0 * 0 3 6 * 0 3 6

1 1 1 ? * 3 0 0 5 0 5

0 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 7 1 3 1

Not sure what the characters are where there are question marks.

It appears to be some sort of symbol, rather than a letter or number.

Cheers, Rob. Yeah, I reckon the 36 is my speed (30mph limit on a DC???), the date and the bottom figures are probably a serial number for the Gatso, maybe.

I do not knowingly speed. Otherwise, with my current mileages (I'm doing more per annum than ever before), I'd be disqualified VERY quickly.

In my whole driving career I have only collected 3 points for speeding.

I have been captured by Gatso's twice (including this latest one) & been offered a SAC.

So, in 24 years of driving, that's not bad.

I know you're going to gloat horribly about how you've been driving 40 years & never amassed any convictions for speeding.

However, all is relative. In your lifetime, how many miles have you actually driven?

It's a tricky one, but roughly, how many?

Between my business & private mileages in the last three years, I personally, not my vehicles, have driven 68,000 miles.

In total, since I started driving, I have driven in excess of 350,000 miles.

That's one speeding conviction for every 117,000 miles driven, so far.

Now, my first speeding conviction was in 1988. My speed was claimed at 34mph by a hand held device.

My second, as you know was 36mph.

My third was 50 in a 40 zone.

Roll your eyes if you must, joe, but IF I had the time, money and a sharp motoring lawyer, I would fight this latest conviction.

The Gatso was situated immediately after a change from 60 to 40 mph. However, the 40 sign on my side of the road was obscured by foliage.

Anyway, whatever I say, you will no doubt take great pleasure in lambasting me for my evil wrong-doings.

If it really turns you on, why should I deny you that little pleasure?

We should bring in fines for Centre Lane Owner-Drivers.

Then Clods like Joe would be fined all the time

Surprise surprise! About 12 years ago I got a speeding ticket doing 50 in a 30 zone and a red light traffic light infringement - both within 3 weeks of each other. That's when I changed my ways and found it far less stress to take it easy and stick to the rules. You should try it. It's pretty easy to get caught out when you think you are in a 40 zone and it's 30 or you subconsciously follow the driver in front and get caught with him, so I'm bound to get caught again some time - but I won't be speeding and taking a chance, it'll be inadvertent.

Sponsored Links
Back