Can anyone tell me what this bit circled in red is called? Gas Meter leak

Sponsored Links
Anyone can have a bad day and make a mistake. I took my truck into the dealers for a headlamp bulb last week, 90 mins later Fitter comes out the shop and says its ready. Got in, made note of the delay on my running sheet and set off for the first job. Mile up the road at the roundabout, car pulls up on my nearside sounding his horn and pointing to nearside of the truck. I opened passenger window, guy jumps out his car and throws the cab tilt bar in the cab! Had that of come off at 56 mph it would have done some damage. Returned bar to workshop later that day, no harm done.

As the man who'd been years on the Gas told us when we did our NRSWA course, Gas escaping externally into fresh air used to be the least of his worries. It was Gas escaping into a confined space, i.e. a building that made him panic.

Sponsored Links
Anyone can have a bad day and make a mistake. I took my truck into the dealers for a headlamp bulb last week, 90 mins later Fitter comes out the shop and says its ready. Got in, made note of the delay on my running sheet and set off for the first job. Mile up the road at the roundabout, car pulls up on my nearside sounding his horn and pointing to nearside of the truck. I opened passenger window, guy jumps out his car and throws the cab tilt bar in the cab! Had that of come off at 56 mph it would have done some damage. Returned bar to workshop later that day, no harm done.

As the man who'd been years on the Gas told us when we did our NRSWA course, Gas escaping externally into fresh air used to be the least of his worries. It was Gas escaping into a confined space, i.e. a building that made him panic.
agreed.. *touch wood* I haven't made a howler like that yet

please do not take this thread off topic.

As a moderator pointed out to you previously the rules of DIY gas are documented in a sticky (linked and evidenced below). If you disagree with that take it to the site admin.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-gas.8090/

You mentioned diy gas, not I.

And the link you gave makes it very clear DIY gas is not legal........

Here you go:
So a DIY person can do gas work.....
They just need to be 'a competent person'
The rules define a competent person as someone that has the correct qualification.
A qualified person, is not a DIY person. :cry:

You mentioned diy gas, not I.
errm I think you'll find that you're the one that follows me around. not the other way round.

Given your self contradicting 'logic' above there's definitely one thing I'd agree with you on. You shouldn't be let anywhere near DIY.

btw you are taking this thread way off topic. If you really are so keen to converse with me please create a separate thread as per the moderators instructions.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back