Can I connect 2 Cat6 cables to 1 keystone?

U

User

Hiya, 2 questions, any help is greatly appreciated -

1. I have a Cat6 cable running a fair distance to a keystone, I also have another keystone on the opposite wall, incase I ever moved my PC to the other wall. Is it possible to connect the other keystone cable to the first keystone so that I wouldn't have to make a separate run of Cat6 back to the router which would require far far more work and cost (I have quite a few of these) what I am afraid of most is not being able to punch down 2 cables onto the keystone and possibly damaging it.

2. Are keystone modules universal i.e. if I purchase module faceplates/modules from different shops will they still connect?

Any help would be highly appreciated thank you :D

Sponsored Links
1. No.

You could use a twin jack. Wire from the router to one jack. Wire from the other jack to the second location.

When you want to move the PC to the second location, link the twin jacks with a short patch cord.

2. No.

To elaborate:

1. You could do so as the Krone connectors should be rated for 2 conductors (at least they are for telecoms use) however it would no longer be to Cat 6 standards and data rates might suffer.

2. There is considerable commonality with many jacks and faceplates being relabelled versions of other manufacturers' products, but there is no standard.

Sponsored Links
That is great news OwainDIYer thanks for telling me that you've made my day I'm not too concerned with the Cat6 standard and data rates due to this being a home network so that is fine thank you very much OwainDIYer :mrgreen:

Back