Can People Living In France Possibly Retire Early?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can = Continuity of cpcs, People = Polarity, Living = Loop impedance, In = Insulation resistance, France = Functional, Possibly = Prospective fault current, Retire = Ring continuity and Early = Earth electrode resistance.

Testing times Click to view.. Is he hereabouts??
;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
empip said:
Can = Continuity of cpcs, People = Polarity, Living = Loop impedance, In = Insulation resistance, France = Functional, Possibly = Prospective fault current, Retire = Ring continuity and Early = Earth electrode resistance.

I think this one could be to do with periodic testing as opposed to the initial testing, although iirc GN3 doesn't now specify the order of the periodic testing should be done, it sort of leaves the order open ended.

Continuity of protective conductors
Ring final circuit continuity
Insulation resistance
Polarity (dead)
Polarity (live - confirm after energising.
'Lectrode (if applicable and if using a loop tester))
Earth eault loop impedance
Devices - incluidng RCD and functional switching

You need to go on a course, mate! :D

dingbat said:
Continuity of protective conductors
Ring final circuit continuity
Insulation resistance
Polarity (dead)
Polarity (live - confirm after energising.
'Lectrode (if applicable and if using a loop tester))
Earth eault loop impedance
Devices - incluidng RCD and functional switching

You need to go on a course, mate! :D

Yeah, we were taught this for initial testing, we were told a different sequence for periodic testing (which I immediately forgot!), GN3 doesn't give the method for periodic as cast in stone, it gives crippler in table 3.3 but says in the notes they do not need to be carried out in this order. Great eh?

Ha Ha i like these , i was taught Chris Baen Peef
c=cont cpc
r= cont ring
i= insulation resistance
s= seperation of circuits
bae= barriers and enclosures
n= non conducting locations?
p=polarity
e=earth electrode
e=earth fault loop
f= functional

My brother in law learnt a few naughty ones when he was training as an optometrist.

They seemed to mention words that rhymed with runt a lot!!

Spark123 said:
Yeah, we were taught this for initial testing, we were told a different sequence for periodic testing (which I immediately forgot!), GN3 doesn't give the method for periodic as cast in stone, it gives crippler in table 3.3 but says in the notes they do not need to be carried out in this order. Great eh?

The initial sequence is a safe and logical process prior to energisation, but a periodic inspection is on an existing, already energised, installation. If you wished you could do the live tests first. In fact, there may be a case for carrying out only live tests, comparing results with earlier test schedules. GN3 is pretty clear about minimal disturbance to installations.

But this sort of thing is exactly why PIRs should not be carried out by inexperienced and skilled/knowledgeable inspectors.

RF Lighting said:
Lets not mention the one for resistor colour code ;)
the one i always remember for that is "black bastards rape our young girls but violet gives willingly"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back