Can shops still stock the old cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen the unharmonised cable in a well known store today. Infact there was no harmonised cable in the store at all. I wouldn't buy from there any too expensive. i asked a bloke on the department and he said that they got the old cable at the right price he had been told and that's why they were stocked up to the eyeballs with the stuff.

Can they still be selling the old stuff?

Sponsored Links
but i thought that it was 2005 when you had to change over to using it in houses etc

Sponsored Links
Wholesalers are more on the ball.

WF now sell only H cable. They can get old colours, but it is dearer now!!

On a technicality, I don't think there's anything to stop stores from selling old cables after that date, nor would there be anything to stop someone from using them in an application not covered by the Regs.

ryanj,

Your name looks very familiar. ;) Do the initials ECN mean anything to you?

-Paul.

Nice seeing you over here. :)

(*cough* Come into chat at ECN. *cough*)

Just remember you can't mix the harmonised and unharmonised colours in a single installation!

notb665 said:
Just remember you can't mix the harmonised and unharmonised colours in a single installation!

Yes you can, and I have do done. As long as a notification at the service intake is warning of the two different colours, everything is fine.

Can confirm this, not. But don't put the sticker ON the CU, but NEAR it.

Yes, I knew that really. So do I have to put a little notice near my consumer unit saying I have mixed the colours on my 45A shower radial?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back