Can these dusk till dawn photocell sensors be adjusted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_4777.JPG
IMG_4778.JPG
Hi all, does anyone know if this type of dusk till dawn photocell sensor can be adjusted to stay on for say 3hrs? Or would I need to swap out of something else?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
They do what they say 'dusk till dawn', I think you need a time switch.

Steinel make a photocell that will come on at a set light level and then stay on for a time you set and go off.

I forget which one it is, but it’s a black square box. Should be easy enough to find

It is a "Dusk to Dawn" light sensor.

As it says on the label, it will switch ON when the light level is less than "20 Lux" and switch ON again when the light level exceeds "80 Lux".
No timer is involved.

You could operate it in series with a Time-Switch, setting the Time-Switch to turn ON shortly before Dusk and to turn OFF at the time that you require. - say 9 pm.

I utilize a set-up like this, with the Time-Switch set to turn on at about 5 pm and turn off at midnight. The lights then come on at Dusk (whenever that is) and go off at midnight.

Sponsored Links
Yea there’s a newer/different version I was thinking of but that seems to do the same job

I'm sure it does as I had one in a previous house. It could be set to stay on for x amount of hours..

Well spotted it must be a different version as it looks the same. Will take another look. thanks! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back