Can these dusk till dawn photocell sensors be adjusted?

What am I missing?
The realisation that he's showing us the end of the cable going to the old photocell and the same end going to the new photocell.

The other end of it is as it always was, it must be in a light fitting/rose/JB somewhere where it gets L&N and returns SL, and is not being shown.

Sponsored Links
Hi chaps, I appreciate any help as I'm trying to solve this issue on the cheap.

The light was working as normal last night.

When I power on the new sensor I can hear it working. Ie there is a switching sound when first powered on.

Should I try swapping the Neutral? It is currently set to in..

The new photocell doesn't indicate how the load is switched. It may be that the neutral is switched. Try connecting a lampholder directly to the inner two terminals (as indicated by the user manual) to determine if the unit is actually working.

Sponsored Links
The new photocell doesn't indicate how the load is switched.
Yes it does.

Div_X_screenshot.jpg

It may be that the neutral is switched.
It is. It's a DP switch but he's not using it like that - his application only switches the live.

I don't see anything saying how it's switched (whether N is switched). Just where to connect the wires to. We shouldn't assume.

True.

But if there is an internal connection between Nin and Nout then it doesn't matter which terminal is used for Nin.

Sorry I'm not chiming in, not sure what to say! If I can do anything please let me know.

For ref I swapped the neutral but still didn't work.

Thanks.

Evening. I just wanted to update. The new unit is wired up and live per the image that I posted previously.

The light has illuminated and has been for sometime. I was hoping that it would turn off as I was sure that I set it to 1hr for testing..

I think my next job is to open the light up and see how its wired..

Disconnect the new photocell
Join the brown to grey light should be on
part the brown and grey, light should be off.
If that works your new cell is faulty or set wrong,

Good man, will do this in the morn. Thanks!

Okay the plot thickens.. two lives joined brown to grey. the light does 'not' come on?

Any further thoughts or tests that I can do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back